Oddball Weed Strains

I started out distilling, then began growing the herbs I needed, and somehow ended up growing just herb. I never got into beer brewing. I drink so much that I’d probably never keep up.

2 Likes

I learned that when I made wine for my wife. She plowed thru 28 bottles like it was her job. I’ve scaled back my hobbies to pursue this more. I’ve bought all my equipment by selling other hobby stuff.

1 Like

I thought my gf (who smokes constantly) would love the fact that I grow weed.
She complaints constantly about the smell and buys her own weed because mine is too strong.

2 Likes

Lmao. She could always smoke less of the good stuff. Speaking of, are 4 plants going to skunk my house??

Um, yes.

Funny story. My friends tell me that when they pull up on the street in front of my house all they can smell is weed. I don’t smell anything.
People come into my place and say, “dammmmmmnnnnnn”. I don’t smell anything.
I go to work stone sober and my coworkers ask if I just smoked…

I flower less than 4 plants at a time

So yeah, 4 plants will smell up your place.

Uh oh. I have a carbon scrubber so maybe that will help
Lol

I’ve got a filter. I should probably use it.

1 Like

Lmao. I noticed that at even 4 weeks, I can start to smell them when in the grow room.

But to me, at that point, they just smell green and earthy.

My last flowering grow of GDP and pineapple haze filled the tent with scents of lemon, pine, and grape. It was heaven

I seriously think growing my kill our senses for the faint smell of weed.

1 Like

True. I like to rub the leaves and smell them. The NL definetly has a peppery and pine scent

Ha. I smell the leaves the same way. I even smell my fingers after supercropping or even plucking off yellow leaves.

Me too. I just didn’t want to sound weird. Kinda like getting to third base lmao.

1 Like

I don’t even smoke weed well yet lol. I’m trying for my brother in law who has PTSD from being a medic in Afghanistan.

1 Like

Well if you want to see some different strains then checkout my previous journals and follow my latest but i do have some other strains in my collection of seeds. But right now am doing some purple express some smokey bear sweet afghani delicious (s.a.d) and one tht i see alot and want to try is the girlscout cookies all these are my autoflower strains. Which are all going to be planted today and should have life in a couple days give or take. I also have red dragon and great white shark green poison fast version 8wks to flower all my feminized seeds which i will be dropping around xmas time once i have some new equipment new light tent and fans. Let me know your thoughts @Familyman

I honestly think it’s just that this is sponsored by ILGM. You will predominantly see their strains grown, or bag-seed with problems and people looking for solutions - initially.

Then they start reading and want to try something, and what do they see? Pretty pictures of ginormous buds - from ILGM plants. :wink:

Oh, and a big “SEED SHOP” button at the top of the page LOL

1 Like

GSC extreme has intriqiued me from the start. It’s only my first grow ever so I’m not sure.

@Familyman
I grew Northern Lights in my first grow. Really easy to grow, nice yield. The high is mellow and relaxing but only lasts about an hour or so. Smoked really smooth. I’d grow it again.

1 Like

I think a lot depends on size of grow space, number of grows that time allows in a given year, among other factors. In my case my grow closet has a floor space of 2 feet by 3 feet. I can only grow two mature plants without things getting too crowded. Plus, given certain constraints on my time, I’ve had to choose compact plants with a relatively short flowering times. The first plants I grew from ILGM were White Widow and Blueberry. I wanted to grow some of the classics and I’m glad I started with those (the WW was a potent bomb and the Blueberry mellower and tasted great). My next choices were OG Kush and Strawberry Kush and I’m really glad I chose those as well. Both of those Kush versions from ILGM are terpene dreams. The OG has not yielded as well as the Strawberry, but the taste and aroma profile have caused me to grow it twice. I’ll switch to something else after my current grow is completed (probably in a month or less). I’m just not exactly sure when I’ll have the time to put into it again.

1 Like

Same size closet as mine. How is your set-up? This is my first grow in it and I know I’ll have to make adjustments.

That is quality info. Thanks