Odd situation… strange grow pattern with autoflowers

48" later… :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Ok, this is why you ask the experts. :wink: 12/12 wasn’t working, so went full dark for 2 days. Checked this morning and we’re beginning to flower. Going back to 12/12 and see what we get. Thanks for the pointers!!

2 Likes

Quick update - this is our girl now, after implementing the advice here. I know some
nitrogen is needed, but I’m out on a concert tour so I can’t address it properly, and the friend taking care of her for me isn’t really able to adjust nutes as needed. Just trying to keep her going until I get home and can harvest. And to think I was gonna give up on her…

1 Like

One more update here. This is the problem child now. Basically doubled in height since beginning to flower. Just waiting for the trichomes to change, almost all clear currently. Thanks again to all who offered advice, I would have tossed her if not for the suggestions…

2 Likes

@Chrisc5 lots of white pistils still, probably 3 or so weeks left. She is gonna be a monster! Good job! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, this girl is definitely taking her time. As stated before, germinated mid-January, supposedly an OG Kush auto. I don’t care that she surprised me, I learned a LOT from this grow. If I get 50-50 cloudy trichomes by end of next week, I’ll harvest anyway - late July I go back out on tour, then would be a month before I could tend to her again. Not optimal, but I think better early than late, yes?

Ya, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, when you gotta do it! You need between 6 and 10 days to dry, then a week to burp the jars before you can seal them for the cure. So yeah, another week if you don’t have anyone else to harvest for you. Don’t think she’ll wait for you in late August.

If I was u I’d strip off all the leaves from the red down. Leave the buds take all the big leaves off if the bud do t look like it will amount to anything chop it too that put more effort into the buds u want to be something atleast for the finishing of the buds. It’s a nice looking plant and can definitely get them too buds to fatten up alot. What are u feeding them. There is quite a bit of yellow if u have recharge u may wanna hit them with a good dose of recharge and it may bring in some green to them u can even sprinkle the recharge around the base of the plant right on the soil or coco and slowly water it in with feeds or feed the plant save 8 oz of feed them mix in the recharge and finish the last 8 oz with recharge.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments! Gonna implement much of your advice going forward. As I mentioned, this grow became more of a salvage than optimize. I’m in the middle of a concert tour, wasn’t on site to handle feeding and such, only had a friend who could come and water. Got home for a couple of days, trichomes looked good, so did the harvest. Have to plan the calendar better, so I can maximize the outcome. But I’m really happy with the result. This might be a record-breaker for an auto, almost exactly 6 months from sprout to chop… :wink:

1 Like