Odd situation for y'all

Ima noob kan you explain that one to me? So when roots reach edge or by my clarification a dense root network then they’ll start going more vertical??

1 Like

Here is the plant today.

What @Oldstoner is referring to is during growth the plant will often slow or stop pushing new green growth but instead are growing their root structure, which of course we can only infer. The other point @bob31 made was that perhaps they were seeing too much light early on, which doesn’t give them any incentive to stretch AT ALL! So a plant that went into the ground on May first, two weeks ago was 12" tall. But you’d need a chainsaw to remove it from the pot haha.

So in 6 days this plant grew 8". When I started this thread she was 12" high. Now she’s 20".

Hope this answers your questions. Welcome!

5 Likes

The support ticket is already pinned globally across the forum. It is pinned in GrowFAQs category, and is pinned at top of all topics if you look at forum front page while being logged out.

2 Likes

That’s why we tell people to (pot up)… meaning to start out in a solo cup and once plant is about 12 inches tall then transplant into a 1 gallon and when plant is about 24 inches tall transplant into final home either a 3 gallon or 5 gallon depending on how much longer you want to veg the plant for…
The reason for all of this is so that the plant and the roots will grow at the same rate , this is the fastest way to grow plants in soil… neither the plant or the roots stall out… :wink:
That’s the short and simple of it… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@latewood thank you! That is the most used item here. Now if only we could get customer support to load the customer with that…

3 Likes

I agree completely. Normally these will see 4 transplants during their life cycle. The other benefit is that you get to view the health of the root system at every transplant. This one is in her final smart pot (10 gallon)

3 Likes

I’d give 10 likes for that!

6 Likes

Samozřejmě že mne zajímá :face_with_monocle::rofl: