Odd leaf issue. Any thoughts

I have 4 plants in my 5th grow going. 2 ICE and 2 OG Kush. I noticed some odd leaf issues, but it doesn’t seem to be much of a problem right now. New growth and upper growth seem ok.
I am using Pro-Mix HP, HLG LED lights. At 41 days since germination (end of 4 weeks veg).
Overall everything is going ok, just not sure what I am seeing here. I am giving GH nutes with 1/4 tsp Epsom salts per gallon. 8 cups per plant every 4 days or so.

The yellow leaves look nute starved to me, but this has been corrected and I am on the schedule I always use. The OG Kush and ICE strains are new to me so not sure if they are more finicky than others.
The only other thing I am dealing with is stupid stink bugs. I had a ton of them get into my grow room, but have most of them removed now. (Bad window screen let them in). I think they may be the culprit, but wanted to see what you guys thought.
Any ideas @raustin, @blackthumbbetty @Screwauger @MattyBear

1 Like

Bugs could be the culprit and the lower leaves will die off as the plant matures. Do you have a whole plant pic?

4 Likes

Look like leaves that layed atop the medium and the yellowed ones look like end of life but that should likely not be. Need whole plant pic as @MattyBear noted.

6 Likes

These mostly look like early veg stage leaves dying off normally but an overall picture in natural light is a good idea.

3 Likes

Good deal. Here are a couple pictures.

and

Here is an overall pic

Like I said these stains are new to me. I have done White Widow, Super Lemon Haze, blue dream and Blue Wizard in the last grows. Didn’t see leaf die off until flower.

3 Likes

I look forward to that screen filled out bumper to bumper. Nice!

2 Likes

I would agree with others. Those leaves touching medium I wouldn’t sweat, that happens for whatever reason.

Rest of plant doesn’t look horrible, there’s a stray leaf that looks a little odd. And a few signs of nitrogen claw.

4 Likes

Thanks all. Feel much better. I will double check my schedules and nutes to be sure I don’t get out of whack. Have had good luck with this set up @Sixpackdad. :slight_smile: Getting 5.5 oz average per plant and getting better each grow.

2 Likes

Those bottom leaves tend to die off. Your plants look good. Not perfect, but good

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks blackthumbbetty!!

2 Likes

Any leaf that is touching the soil should be removed, they will rot. Other than that, your plants look good.

2 Likes

Are those autos?
What size of pots do you have them in?
What size is your tent?
Out of curiosity

1 Like

Hey @Nicky. These are photos not autos. I use 5 gallon fabric pots with Pro-Mix HP and General Hydroponics nutrients. Tent is a 4’x4’ 7’.

1 Like

Cool.
Why did you go with the HP over the regular? Because your using nutes and want to ensure good drainage?

I meant to also ask what are the white bricks in the soil?

Ive been stalking you on a couple threads I like your setup, wish I had a 4x4 and the lighting to go with it but I’m. A 2x4…so I’ll watch and ask questions as I follow along if you don’t mind

Sorry was out for a while. HP is hard to over water. It is expensive somewhat, but I have had great results with it following a simple nutrient schedule.
A 2x4 works great if you don’t over fill it.
I started with one before deciding I wanted to grow 4 plants at once. I used these lights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GY6IHX0/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They work fine but not nearly as good as the HLG QB LED kits I picked up later.

For the 2x4 I think it is best for two plants with about 4-6 weeks veg. Indicas better yet for size. You might want to SCROG as you saw in my pictures. Glad to answer any questions I can help you with @Nicky . (Nute schedules, my set up etc.)