Odd leaf coloring since I transplanted this plant

It’s not always a problem this early! But can be if there is build up or pH problems. I’d be on water only until the going out drops, I always recommend feeding when the run off gets to around 900-1000. Then when you are on a feeding regimen run off PPMs should be within 100-200 of the PPMs you are putting in. Preferably lower. However each plant is a little different. Kind of a pain, but you’ll get used to it eventually. They might demand more or less. When diagnosing issues it’s good to know where your medium sits. :man_shrugging:

Edit
pH going in should be 6.3-6.8 coming out should be the same. Run off is tracking where that medium currently sits (roughly.) No math beyond that.

So if it’s coming out at 6.3 that’s a good range and there shouldn’t be any problems.

So that could narrow down the problem to stress. Like heat, humidity, light intensity, over watering. Stuff like that.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I can tell I need to get my RO system installed or this is going to be a fun grow. Over 600 ppm out of the tap. Organics that don’t burn. 7.7 PH out of the tap.

1 Like

Do you know about “dynomyco?” I did add that at transplant but the others were also innoculated with it.

NP the hardest part when starting is chasing those damn numbers.

Yes RO is a good idea depending on the condition of your tap. With RO you will want to look into supplementing calmag as it will need it.

You can always get your tap water tested. It’s costly though. Mine sits around 350 ppm and is mostly calcium. Funny they didn’t find any chlorine in the cities water supply… hmm. But that’s a different issue altogether.

Edit
Yeah that is mycorrhizal fungi that forms a symbiotic relationship with your plants root system. Can’t go overboard. It helps break down nutrients so your plants digest it easier. Awesome stuff.

2 Likes

Here in AZ, we have a ton of sodium. Morton has a plant here. The water is like 8.3 ph out of the tap. It’s 7.7 after softening, but that’s probably a lot of the ppm is sodium.

2 Likes

That’s wild! Sucks you have to work around it

This small bag was like $70. Maybe that’s the problem. The myco is helping the plants too much and they are getting every bit of that 3,300 ppm. Maybe I’m creating some mutant weed? Lmao!

1 Like

Yeah they get expensive. But the hobby on its own gets expensive.

I use extreme gardening’s mycos. But there are tons of alternatives on the market :call_me_hand:t3:

LOL

Don’t worry about it over feeding, the plant will take what it needs. Hahaha

On another note, it’s amazing how two different species can handle things so much differently. This Godfather OG loves all of these ppms

1 Like

Looking good for sure.

My weird-colored plant is appearing happy, with its leaves pointed straight towards the light. This “Gold Leaf” is laughing at 3,350 ppm. Lmao. That’s why I was kind of wondering what to shoot for. If I’m adding all plant available worm tea and they’re taking 3,300 ppm now and not dying, what on Earth will I do if they make it to flowering?

Oh yeah… my auto do si dos is in its 2nd full week. It’s already starting to smell really good.

1 Like

My two most potent strains also have the two largest plants. Bring on that 34%. Lmao. Godfather OG and Do Si Dos are both capable.

1 Like

The microbes and mycorrhizal fungus in your soil have to break down the organic compounds your feeding before the plant can uptake it as nutrients, this is why seeing numbers 2500-3000ppm in runoff is not altogether absurd. I would venture to guess your using organic fertilizers seeing these numbers. However, I’m
Not a betting man. Lol. The healthier your microbes and myco are, the more efficiently and effectively your plants can access the goodies they seek. When I began to understand that I was feeding my living soil and the soils byproduct in turn feeds the plant. That’s what makes the symbiotic relationship with the mycorrhiza, plant and the soil so incredibly beneficial.
Synthetic nutrients are a bit different since they’re manufactured to be immediately available to be utilized by the plant. I learned a hard lesson trying to pump high concentrations of nutrients into the plants and cooked an entire 8x8 grow area of plants in doing so.

I think I’m going all organic/natural this year. This is the stuff I’ll be using. I ordered a large shipment of Jacks 321 that just arrived today, as well. I’ll use that next year and compare.

It may have been dumb, but I topped this same node twice. The first time it grew vertically to make room. Then it started branching out and I topped again. Hoping for 4 main colas right in the center now. I’m definitely doing at least 16 colas if I manage that.

1 Like