October 2021 Bud of the Month

I took another pic for ya reset up the camera…

I cracked a stem fixed it and just leaving them alone…

7 Likes

They are pretty tough look for the damaged branch to do better than the rest of the plant as long as it wasn’t to bad . I have had plants I was sure were damaged so bad it would never make it and it exploded into a beast after a 3 way split to the ground and a repair I was 80% sure was a waist of time

As you can see I did a haphazard job thinking it was a loss but I drizzled honey with a little Azos sprinkled in wrapped a old rag around it and tightened a hose clamp down on it . I also had to tie it up because of the weight but whole point is it will probably be okay they are survivors.that last pic was 6 weeks after the accident and this one gives a better over all size

That’s a 7ft. Fence post behind it

12 Likes

Man that thing is HUGE!.. OMG… That pic gives me some hope. I used duck tape and some hormone rooting dust with a little water and a zip tie… Live and learn that will be the last time I do that … That plant there is Crazy… This is my first time go …

2 Likes

You should be ok rooting powder is all azos is and a drizzle of honey is the magic juice the antibacterial properties of honey and it’s consistency being thick help prevent disease issues and heal

I just got some real honey. I will put some of that on it too… This will be interesting … My new hobby it can only get better… I did a garden this year first time next year will be easier …learned so much … Need to start being self reliant the way the planet is going lately…

4 Likes

Congratulation @J.Gro Great win with a lot of stiff competition.

1 Like

I bet a tire swing would look nice on that thing :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

@Newbie1984 if your going to take the duck tape off and be careful to not pull plant material off if possible. Long term I’m not sure if it will let enough oxygen to heal and be healthy under the glue on the tape try splints and paper towels under the tape so air gets in . The free chop sticks from take out work perfect as splints or a stick out of the yard and a couple of hose clamps just watch the weight

I re did it ya I had

that duck on there tight… I tried a few things but at the end this is what I did and just leave her alone…

1 Like

That looks like it should be fine just let it heal up it shoulg grow a knot there and be good . Low stress training can be easy to break them . Try super cropping it works to stop upward growth and makes it bush more but not this grow

Before the stems bark and get hard gently pinch and bend over trying not to break them . Good luck

9 Likes

The learning curb is ya don’t do that again, On this grow I just want to get some good weed … I am learning … Thank You For The Help… ! Ya just leave them alone. I put them on 12/12 today… Let you know… Keep you posted…

4 Likes

As long as u fix it right away and get it sealed up and it’s still connected by a certain amount of material u’ll be ok. Might take a bit to repair that spot but it should be ok. Try not to do things like that when u r just starting flower tho. Wanna avoid mishaps for like a week before during and after the flip as to not interfere with the plant making bud sites and what nots. Good luck

1 Like

Also for these ordeals I like to use the self sticking bandage wrap. It works well stretches with the plant don’t peel off any layers of the stalk if u remove it after alot of benefits so far and nothing bad from using it. Good luck once again.

4 Likes

I call it failing forward :muscle: it’s how I learn

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I hope there is no next time but be prepared …

1 Like

You got that rite… :male_detective:

1 Like

Even if there is a next time u won’t take it as hard lol. I’ve done it a cpl time wife’s done it multiple times they all get repaired and work out great. Well all but 1 she broke off a monster ass branch made me so mad it was like half the plant just under. Got so pissed I just cut it off it only had a week or 2 left but had me so mad I said screw it. Lol. I care less and less on them small breaks like that as they happen. There will definitely be more of this happening for sure if u plan on using lst at all.

2 Likes

That’s so very true… You got that rite… Lol next time wont be so bad…

1 Like

I use teflon tape on my repairs. It doest stick and stretches as the plant grows this branch was completely broken off at the trunk

13 Likes

Thanks for recommendation, that is a good looking hardy plant…

1 Like