Ocean's grow bb kush/mango kush

Day 5 from dropping seeds into water, day 4 of being in soil. Things should start picking up now, but only 3 are up (about an inch tall) and the 4th is ALMOST about to break the surface…she’s gonna be a straggler, but that’s ok she’ll catch up quick:

And the lone mango…for now:

I guess this makes my tiny canopy uneven :rofl::rofl:

They will all get their first watering today, straight 6.5 water, no cal mag yet. About 1/2 cup each

3 Likes

Question for @Hellraiser, if you don’t mind… since I started in FF light warrior and will ultimately transplant them into Sungrow’s advance #4 with mychorrizae (endo) I am thinking to start adding the cal mag for every single watering (even when I do the nutes, using FF line) at about 3ml per gal unless I see a need to up that some, does this sound about right? I use 100% RO water that I run through my brewing RO system (tds is less that 10)

The Sungrow #4 is a mix of 50% Canadian Sphagnum peat, 30% perlite, and 20% Coir. And all my research pushes me to bring the PH down to 6.1-6.2 vice 6.5 (which in all honesty the difference in acidity of .3 is hardly anything at all).

Which this post reminds me to say a few things about water. I notice a whole lot of people talk about ppm…ppm is the actual measurement (parts per million), but you have to ask yourself what exactly am I measuring? What your measuring is TDS, which stands for “total dissolved solids”. You can have a high “ppm” which can be ok, but what you need to know is what is the make up of that “ppm” you just measured. For example if we start with good RO and have <10 tds, then we add say…5ml cal mag and remeasure, our ppm or parts per million of TDS will spike. And then if we add nutrients it will go even higher. And conversely if you have a high ppm measurement of TDS that is salts, that can be bad.

There is a lot more I can go way deep in-depth about as I have studied water in depth as part of my brewing education if someone wants, I just wanted to say that as I see people tossing that around without understanding it and I Just wanted to help them if I can.

I’m the beer brewing world, all good brewers start with a neutral ph reverse osmosis water. We measure TDS to ensure we have removed all of the chlorine, iron and any other dissolved solid as this will effect the final taste of the beer. Then we “build” our water to match a specific profile which In turn changes how the hops are perceived in the final product (bitterness). We do not use PH up or down, we use a mixture of salts, calcium carbonate, and gypsum to name a few to achieve that “build”.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I do. 3ml/gal calmag for every watering, upped to 5ml/gal if calcium or magnesium issues observed. I also use RO water with a tds less than 10.

1 Like

Here is little #4…poor thing, I even tried talking to it as I was looking:

At least the seed was viable and not a dud. I went ahead and gave her 2oz water as the little pot was quite light, this is immediately after the watering which is why it appears so wet

@ashhhh this is what happens

I’ll pull up a watch seat.

Day 6 about 2” tall now:

Straggler Mango Kush:

2 Likes

Mango 2 looks like she may just make it:

3 Likes

Day 7 all 4 are up and going. Started the fan on low today to get them fluttering a little and help strengthen the stems:

And the Mango’s, with the runt:

7 Likes

I kinda feel like they are stretching just a tad, might crank up the hydro to 100%…currently at 75…

Or should I lower the light and leave it at 75? :thinking::thinking::thinking: @Hellraiser advice on this?

2 Likes

I’d lower the light a little rather than turning it up. They are looking good.

I’m set to watch if you don’t mind. Looking great, good luck!

Day 8: just plugging along :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not at all!!! Let me know if you notice something I do wrong! Lol

1 Like

@Ocean My plant is on its 3rd set of leaves don’t have a pic right now but I will post once I get home from work

@Ocean I only have 2 of the four plants right now. One uprooted itself because I didn’t plant it deep enough and the other one didn’t sprout. I have 2 AK 47 plants left and they are doing well. Everyday they grow a couple of inches. I’m also using coco loco instead of soil that way I can start using my bites a little sooner

@Ocean I know I’m new but you should get some type of fan blowing in there if u don’t have already

1 Like

My bad just read you got the fans going already

@Ocean do you have an exhaust hooked up because 65% is kind of high foe the humidity

Check out my room build thread, it will explain a lot but I am located on a tropical island in southeast asia