Ocean's grow bb kush/mango kush

That’s what I do, unless my plants tell me otherwise. :v:

3 Likes

I’m apparently different from most people that use happy frog. If I’m starting seeds in happy frog, I start nutes at week 3. If I’m transplanting a larger plant into happy frog, I use nutes right away, starting with the transplant water (half dose). Now ocean forest is a different story, much hotter than happy frog and I don’t use nutes in that for at least 4 weeks for larger plants and 5 or 6 weeks for seeds started in it.

1 Like

@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @kaptain3d @Myfriendis410 @repins12 @Happilyretired @Oldguy

Is this anything to worry about? I flushed them 2 days ago, went in today at light on and they were dry At least 6” down on all of them. So I fed them the “week 4” feeding as per FF schedule a little over 1/2 gallon ea. And about 2 hours later I have a few leaves folding in and on other plants I have leaves dropping

3 Likes

Are you watering to runoff?

3 Likes

I did when I flushed, but I did not this morning, only gave a little over 1/2 gallon ea with the feeding

PH is always 6.2-6.5

The only thing that changed with this vs all my previous is that I mixed it all in one large bucket instead of mixing small quantities, and I gave them 2L instead of just 1 liter.

I wish that I could answer your question but, I never check my readings. Just a personal thing. I don’t follow a schedule, rules or the norm :v:

3 Likes

It seems to me you want your roots go all the way to the bottom of the pot if it’s not wet down there they’re not gonna go down there. your plant canopy is bigger than your pot so your roots can’t go sideways anymore they have to go down So you should water till at least a little water drips out the bottom to make sure you have water all the way down. If those were my plants I would be saturating them every time I feed…:+1::v:

3 Likes

Got it. So kinda what I thought, just let them ride this out and continue the water/feed/water schedule I am on…but add even more to each plant.

Should I have not given full feeding after the flush? Like…first feed after flush is 1/2 strength etc?

If I remember correctly you’re in cocoa. If that’s the case just keep it cranking…:+1::v:

1 Like

1/4th coco, 3/4 promix advanced (which in itself is coco, peat mix) and about 2 gallons of pearlite.

2 Likes

Water to runoff, always. It’s a rule I follow from the first solo cup watering to the last watering before harvest. If you’re not getting runoff, you’re not giving enough.

2 Likes

Day 39, fed today, a little over 1/2 gallon. Need to up the amount to 3L ea next time Or until I see runoff:

And here is a few macro shots…so fun getting in there but holding it steady is not very easy!!

5 Likes

Looking great @Ocean. Still lookin short and bushy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wish they would gain a few inches tbh. 2 of them are just madhouse of leaves it seems, takes me a few seconds the find the stalk lol

1 Like

I was having that problem turned out my light was too close. Just kept getting bushier and bushier. Nice and healthy no burns they seemed perfect except short. So I tried raising it a little bit at a time until the leaves start to reach up a little bit.

2 Likes

I didn’t even think about that. Thanks!! Lol

3 Likes

Twas also going to suggest. I was looking for a certain amount of node spacing soni had mine up to 28 to get a bit of extra stretch out of them.

2 Likes

Day 40. Really growing great each night now and took yesterday’s feeding really good I think!!

6 Likes

Looking real good bud. Looks like there’s enough there to try some small LST, if you were planning on any more.

I am doing some minor training as I go…more high stress tho I think? , I’m smashing and folding limbs it of the way to let the lower stuff see some light. I wanna just kind of let this grow go on it’s own just to see what happens since it’s my first grow, then on my next grow I’m gonna go 6 Durban poison plants, and LST the hell out of them.

3 Likes