Oceans 2nd- Watermelon Punch, Sour Betty, Blue Widow

Update, they are getting stronger…time to train them again I think:

7 Likes

@ocean you so mean to the ladies! :rofl:

PS this lady’s blouse reminds me of @AfgVet 's logo/icon :wink:

3 Likes

I think I’m liking the manifold better than mainline, looks cooler in my opinion:

9 Likes

Looking good @Ocean :+1:

1 Like

Very impressive :clap:

2 Likes

Either way…looking good…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Yep that is a really good job @Ocean
You have really taken this mainlining on and its showing in your work.
Me on the other hand missed the boat too busy too much on to give the time they deserve and got too many 15 i think…
Congratulations on some fine work.
Cheers

4 Likes

Here is what the clips that were too small did, they essentially split the stems below the topping point into 2 stems…I’m guessing because the stem the clip was on couldn’t get thicker so it flattened out some :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thats crazy and cool what nature and these plants will do to survive @Ocean

1 Like

@Arrow as these grow should I continue to cut off any side shoots and only allow the main branches to grow?

2 Likes

Yes. If you have the number of growth points you want…you can remove the new growth points as they develop, keep on training your mains…but to not stunt the plant any further, I leave the fan leaves that develop…you will notice a marked increase in growth rate by employing this method…:sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

So cut these but leave the fan leaves right?

6 Likes

I’m watching for the response.
I don’t know.
Far out you have come a long way this grow.
Impressive

3 Likes

100% spot on…:+1:…at the stage the plant is in now, it becomes tricky, because the growth points are not directly opposing each other … You got this…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

I didnt have this set for follow :weary: but WOW! Looking awesome!!!

1 Like

Few pictures of some more LST

Before

After

Close up of one of the sour betty’s getting some treatment :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You have been busy

2 Likes

It’s hard getting them to go the right way without snapping something (which I have done quite a bit this grow :frowning:

However the lessons I have learned with this is

A) tie down loosely and slowly tighten over a few days

B) be patient to allow them to grow and then re-tie them.

C) using silica every other feeding creates some super thick and hard stems (very tough to smash and super crop

D) way more training early on to pull stems apart is needed to get better separation

Some of them will kind of go on the way they are with just minimal pulling and bending and tied to the inside of those rings, and some will be bent and tied up to grow outside those rings.

4 Likes

That’s a good summary thanks
I appreciate the early training.
Didn’t get that right.
When they were at node 6 I was terrified to cut them back to three so now the tops are way too high.
Which I need to avoid.
But its all learning. First time I’ve ever cut a plant off at all plus I didn’t have the time this grow at the crucial time to do what I wanted to do. I’ve enjoyed watching what you have done you done a great job and i got more confidence in just doing that ( watching )
Cheers

3 Likes

Little bit more bending and twisting and rotated them around some :slight_smile:

5 Likes