Ocean’s Retirement Countdown Grow

Sexy, sexy plants my friend! :heart_eyes::kiss::kiss::kiss:

3 Likes

Wow thats amazing I usually think about the before and during shots after its done.
Have to work on that.
Good job @Ocean

4 Likes

That question I cannot 100% answer my friend, I only do three light cycles one at 24 hours 18 on and 6 off and one at 12 and 12. My 12 and 12 is usually when I start seeing the stretch and it lasts for the first 2 to 3 weeks and then it kind of subsides. I do start cranking the light way up from about 400 up to about 900 over the first two weeks of flower

5 Likes

Ok. Thanks Ocean.
Maybe I’ll cast the question about and see where it falls.
:+1:

1 Like

It’s in my limited understanding that the stretch will start in the first few weeks of 12/12 light schedule.
Usually, for me, the stretch starts roughly after a week of 12/12 and last a few weeks…

@Covertgrower , @Oldguy , @Hoppiefrog know a lot more than me about that… :wink:

7 Likes

I’m running 6/2 thru veg last couple starts.
And 11/13 for flower.
Usually by the 4 th week after the flip to flower mine have pretty much finished with stretching.
Bear in mind that a more sativa leaning will stretch more than an indica leaning plant.
Some sativas can have 300% stretch.
:v::pray::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Dang! I’d have to raise my ceiling for that kind of stretch. Good thing all mine are shorties! LOL

4 Likes

I had to take the hangers off my hood for my 3 Blue kings last round.
And it was still not enough height.
Coulda used another ft. :grin:
:v:

4 Likes

Thanks @Oldguy
I appreciate the info.
:pray:

3 Likes

@MoBilly Any time my friend. :+1:
:v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

If u can’t veg for another week or two while u flip the others u may do best to raise the plants in question, the stretch will happen for up to 3.5-4 weeks but usually 2.5. other than that idk of a magic fix if training the taller ones is out of the question

2 Likes

I’m working with the ones I can but my clones are too old to teach new tricks to.
I agree @Hoppiefrog . There is not a magical fix.
:wink:
I’ll probably just grow them and see. I did didn’t top one (the shortest one), so maybe that will help.

2 Likes

That’s what I usually do in your case I had to do just that with three this run

2 Likes

Most everyone covered this already, but I’ll add a little.
Strain pending, and maturity depends on how quickly they start to stretch. Indica dominant barely stretches. Sativa will stretch for the entire 2 weeks of transition, sometimes more. Clones (mature) will stretch a little sooner, but still follows guidelines laid out above.

If you want more stretch, dim the lighting, if you’re keeping stretch down, you can hammer them with as much light as you can with out bleaching leaves. (Keyword there) ultimately you’ll still be restricted by genetics, sometimes you can’t get an indica to stretch no matter what you do. Sativa you can’t do anything slow them down, but super crop them. I’ve had to do that before.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. So, milk crate it is. I’ll level the canopy one way or the other.
:muscle:
I have the power!

2 Likes

I think @MrPeat runs 12/12 right through and grows 8 footers indoors
@MrPeat ??

3 Likes

Yeah, you got that right @Fergus !

2 Likes

@Fergus You are correct on all accounts. :+1::+1::+1:

I have grown Indicas over 6 feet tall indoors. Now my Sativas get so tall I have to grow them horizontally.

3 Likes

Nice defol job! They’re looking awesome

2 Likes

Is that why my pink Kush did this

do I raise the light I can squeeze another 6 inches max or should I leave it it’s touching the edges of the light but no damage don’t know what to do

6 Likes