Ocala Fl or somewhere there abouts;-)

US growing zone 9
May to Aug summer we get 15-60 min of rain per day and high humidity. Temp upper 90’s not to much more then that.
The First day of frost is Dec 8th and last day of frost is Feb 25th.

When would be a good time to start growing plants I was going to start them indoors and then move them out side and what variety would be a good choice I was thinking Chronic Widow or California Dream but I am open for suggestions?

Thanks for your input.

3 Likes

First Welcome to the forum glad to have you. Make yourself comfy grab a joint, bong or your preference and dig into the endless info. I’ll tag a few Floridians to see if they can help you out or know someone in your area. @Budbrother @LoCoRock @fano_man @FloridaSon I know I’m missing some but someone will tag them hopefully. And anytime you have a question tag them by adding the @ symbol in front of their names like above. Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

Thanks or your help.

1 Like

There abouts, yup thats me n FloridaSon. I’m about to pop seeds for my outdoor auto grow.

2 Likes

hi
do you grow the same plants year around or dif plants by seasons?
and what do you grow that works with the weather?
Thanks for the help.
Budbrother

Tents are the best way to grow year around with our humidity. Outside the weather allows for autos Sept-May. Wanna avoid a harvest during the rainy season or will lose most to bud rot. When first starting out, stick to Troptical/Mediterranean strains or those with a mold resistance.

1 Like

ok kool. What are some of the Tropical/Mediterranean strains with a mold resistance? I dont need a huge list just few that you would recommend for a Beginner.

Thanks again this is a huge help.

1 Like

Blueberry
Sour Diesel
Crystal
Pineapple Haze
Super Silver Haze
Gorilla Glue
Cookies
Green Crack
Durban Poison
Chocolope
Big Bud
Gold Leaf
White Widow

4 Likes

South Florida here checking in… ya Florida weather blows, sometimes quite literally. LoL no need to go on about our shitty growing weather. I have done multiple attempts outside and indoor is just the Florida way so I mainly stick to that now. Although I have some autos going and budbro has me contemplating throwing one outside…l

3 Likes

kool great. If FL would now just legalize weed they would make soooooo much money.
I just came up with a new T shirt
Tourist with weed is a happy tourist in deed.
lol

2 Likes

Shoot…loco with weed is happy indeed…
Oh crap - welcome to the site mi amigo! Great place to come chill and read, learn, brag about your dope and GET HIGH as a kite while doing it… Seriously though you’ve stumbled across a gr8 place to learn a lot and share your experiences. You’ll find everyone here super cool and there are many ppl to help you nail your grow.

3 Likes

Hi and Thanks I just got some great help from Budbrother. looks like I need to make a mini hoop house. Home depot here I come to buy some PVC pipe.

2 Likes

Loco drop an auto this week. By the time it’s through veg the rainy season will be over and start getting cooler nights. Those perfect temps make some nice Xmas buds.

2 Likes

Autos stay small and are easy to hide. The copters can’t spot them. Besides they are looking for flowering plants almost daily till Sept-Oct then stop till next year.

1 Like

I have 2 NL autos that are 2 weeks, plus I just dropped 2 Diesel autos in water yesterday. So I’m definitely gonna put a Diesel outside with your suggestion and let it ride… it’ll be good for me to test the waters… thanks BudBro…

3 Likes

so does this sound about right. Start growing Chocolope seeds inside Feb 1st? and then when I re-pot the plants move them outside April? into my make shift hoop house. Please let me know if that sounds like a good plan?

April in Florida @ 12 - 12 1/2 hrs of daylight and increasing… so your plan is an outdoor summer grow…sounds about right!! :+1::sunglasses:
Here ya go @Budbrother…she’ll be an outdoor Diesel

auto grow!!!

2 Likes

I stagger a few plantings 3-4 weeks apart taking advantage of the end of rainy season, then catch the cooler day/nights. I don’t stop. If a cold Jan-Feb, I may have to cover them at night just like any outdoor shrubbery that they’re hiding next to; but the days are within temp range. The reason I stop planting in May is to allow time for a final harvest, while avoiding start of rains and the resulting bud rot.

1 Like

ok thanks