NY journal, first with autos, the journey so far

It has been a while since my last update so this is to catch up on some issues.

First, I have been dealing with some health (my own) that prevented me from caring for my girls that way I would have liked. The weather had been very wet and humidity was out of sight. While the greenhouse had all the roof vents and the doors open there was nothing more than that natural ventilation and one of the girls developed a brown (fungus perhaps) inside some of the buds. I freaked out and cut out all the bad spots but lost a big handful of what would have been prime bud. I ran a long power cord to the greenhouse and put a fan in to circulate the air.
In my haste to clean out any problem areas I neglected to use my scissors and pick the bad stuff with my fingers. This caused me to crack the stem of the main stalk/cola. A few days later it had fallen open and forced me to pick it. It was still too early to be mature but it is still far more ripe than any other plant I had raised before. I did see a small spot of brown coming back so I cut that out too. The plant right next to her showed no signs of problems at all, wtf? I decided the best course of action was to move the girls from the greenhouse to outside for better sun and natural fresh air movement.

The first photo shows my poor hacked up girl who seems to be doing fine now. The second two are her sister and a close up of the main cola.

The garden grow has had no problems at all (knock wood) other then being a bit behind in development. With all the rain we have had for the last few weeks (3.5 inches at one stretch) and downpours, they have come through like champions, considering.

One of my runts has taken on a pretty cool color. It is the only purple in the bunch.

The harvest will be spaced out according to what the plants are showing me but they seem to be still from 2 to 4 weeks out but this is my first grow so, what do I know. I learn as much from set backs as successes so this should be quite the education.

3 Likes