Nutrients when to start feeding

Hey guys noobie here. Just wondering if anyone can let me know when I should start feeding nutrients. Seedlings are almost up now. Should I wait or start feeding right now. And should I feed every other watering or how often. Thanks.

2 Likes

Can you please tell us about the soil you are using? Brand? What’s in the mix?

3 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m trying to grow strawberry cough. So far I just have a closet grow in regular soil. I’m watering every other day roughly. I’ll be using a grow tent eventually right around xmas time. Right now I’m just using 2 led light ones a 25 watt grow light the others a regular 9 watt led. I must be doing something right lol I have seedling growing just wondering in the nutrients and light schedule. Thanks

The best time to start using nutrients is between 2 weeks to 1 month after it has sprouted and have been growing for the time frame I wrote about.

Awesome thanks!

This is assuming you aren’t in fresh, correct potting soil. If you are, no nutes AT ALL until flower (at least!) If you are in MG soil you won’t want to use anything.

@Myfriendis410 To true…my soil is from May 2018 so my 2 weeks to 1 month is based off that.

1 Like

Just regular soil from the store. Only has perlite

Can you take a picture of the bag with ingredients or fin it on Amazon and copy the link or take a screenshot?

Cannabis has a distinct life cycle that requires a specific, fairly narrow PH range to be optimal. This allows nutrients to taken up by the plant correctly and the use of soils not designed for cannabis cause (usually) a BIG drop in PH in mid flower, just when you least need it to, causing lockouts and deficiencies and basically all kinds of trouble. Now is the time to find out and rectify if possible.

1 Like

I am a indoor grower trying to figure out how and what nutrients to use.
My tent… 8/4feet and 4/4feet
Light… 4 (600w led )
Fans …4 (2 in each tent)
Feeding 2 times a day
Soil … Coco an perlite
10 plants 5 in each tent
This is my third grow getting better as I go ,
First one the buds were small but good ,second wasn’t bad but could be better .the buds were descent smelled more and tasted a lot better .
Started off with Dyna Gro then move to GH.
I have a lot of different nutrients but don’t know what I should be using. I am three days into 12/12 lights in small tent, big tent has clones, the clones are in veg 18/6 light, can someone help me with what and how I should use my nutrients . Used only fish shit the last feeding and all plants were getting GH two times a day for the last 9/10 weeks just switched to flower

1 Like

This is a good start. I don’t know why you would be watering twice daily; let the media drain/dry out a bit for root development. You can do a simple Lucas Formula all the way up to using the entire line. This is something I am doing with my current grow with good results. I’ll put up a pic of my last plant in Promix with the GH product line. I’m using everything but Rapid Start and Dry Kool Bloom.

14 oz of cured flower

5 Likes

And how often should I feed nutes?

@sperreault Depends on how you want to do it and how your girls respond. I generally break a full dose and into 3 feedings per week. Say nutes and water on Monday. Tuesday is just water if needed. Wed feed nutes and water. Thursday is just water.

You get the idea. This works for me.

1 Like

You need a grow light bro. Find a cheap blurple on Amazon. You can get one for like 50$ that’ll grow buds.

How do I sign up to get in on this blog I’m a newby and have questions to get new hobby off the ground serious about this

1 Like