Nutrients for transitioning from veg to flower

White widow, ak-47 and bubblegum, 45 days into the grow and they are 3.5’ to 4’ tall and looking good. But no signs of flower yet, reduced nitrogen and started boosting phosphorous with trace amounts of calcium and maganese , im using powedered outdoor fertilizer which still has small amounts of nitrogen in it (is that a problem for flowering?) Im mixing iit in a compost mix and top layering grow bags, any suggestions on addition nutrients to boostt yield and when should i see flowering start? Thanks.

1 Like

Is there a schedule or recipe for nutrients you are using? Your plants are going to need nitrogen for a while to come.

2 Likes

I made my own recipe similar to what i use on my tomatoes, my veg stage is great so far so i have reduced nitrogen by 90%, and increased phosphorous 25% cslcium up 3% maganese is just a trace element sprinkled in, another issue i was wondering about is my room will only get to 82 degrees farenhiet is that hot enough to promote flower on autoflowers?

1 Like

F.Y.I. These plants are 45 days old

1 Like

And

What @dbrn32 is suggesting is that you’re going to need nitrogen into flowering. The stretch period is when nitrogen is needed the most.

3 Likes

This will most likely lead to a N deficiency, they still need N in flower especially during transition.

2 Likes

Do you have chemical analysis or final npk ratio and ppm of your nutrient solution?

I use a blend of 5-12-26 with calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate, but pretty much keep recipe the same from start to finish.

1 Like

I was was under the impression that on an autoflower you were supposed to cut back the nitrogen to initiate flowering, thank goodness i asked, thanks! Im mixing many different fertilizers to get my mix, they are all organic, earthworm castings, bone meal (2-14-15) another plant food (4-3-4), another is (3-4-4-5 calcium-1 maganes- 2 sulfur), another bone meal (1-25-0), dehydrated chicken manure (5-3-2-8) pulverized dolometic limestone and magnesium sulfate (9.8-12.9) these are all ingredients in my soil mix that i make, then i make a top dressing of the same ingredients adjusting for conditions and stages. I have more blood meal (14-0-0) that i will be using now along with soluble fish fert. (5-1-1) to get nitrogen boosted back up

1 Like

I know my list of fert. Must seem like it is haphazzard or random but i make a mix for my organic farm i measure with tractor buckets shovels and coffee cans full. So im trying to adjust for autoflowers that i have never grown before. Hope that makes sense…lol. thanks for all the info. Always wanting to hear how others are growing!

The general consensus is that autoflowering plants require less supplements than photoperiod, but the same ratios apply. Growing outside under sunlight might up the nutrient requirements though: gotta go with what the plant likes…

3 Likes

My grow will not warm up past 82 degrees, is that warm enough for them to flower?

I try to run my plants at 78F to preserve the terpene profile. Yes; you will be fine.

1 Like

Great thanks 80, with lots of air flow and food!! Cant wait. Appreciate the forum and all the input!!

Ok now i have a different issue that i have not found a thread on. My little autoflowers are growing CRAZY BIG!! I have topped several time and they keep getting bigger and bigger, which is great, but my room is only so big. Im 9.5 weeks in and my room is full, touching lights again, it’s nearly time for them to flower. But if i hsve to keep topping them, will that keep delaying the flowering?