Nutrients for Photo versus Auto?

I have only grown autos so far but getting ready for a photo grow. I have been using a living soil for autoflowers mixed with Roots Organics Lush. I feed once during veg and once or twice during bloom with Roots Organics terp teas. What will I need to do different for a photo grow nutrient wise? I’m guessing partly it depends on how long I leave the plants in veg? But curious if I can just use the same growing medium and nutrients or not advisable.

2 Likes

You can run a terp tea through once a week with living soil and photos.

1 Like

Should I be feeding my autos more? I have used seeds from a variety of reputable breeders and not getting the yields I know are possible. I know there are so many variables. I’m using a mars ts3000 light, distilled water for watering, and the mentioned growing medium. 3 gallon pots. Something isn’t quite dialed in.

Pics help a bit. Lets see the girls in question.

1 Like

2 Likes

There we go. Expect all the monopoly men to out their lenses on them…:grin:. The harvested flowers look like were light starved to me. Just something I am noticing

1 Like

I’m here to learn. I know something is off. I now have a light meter and lowered my light. My tent runs at 75F max when light is on. Not sure what she drops to when it’s off. I forgot to ph when I add nutrients but I only do that once or twice per grow right now and I just tested my runoff and it’s at 6.9.

Need bottom temp 70 or so if can and 80-85 is ok lights on. I stay 82-85 with a lot of lighting. Stretched nodes and fluffy buds can be rectified with more energy in my experience. Cant speak for others.

1 Like

Can do such a deep dive on everything lol. Lights, nutrients, on and on. I am a little worried about my light. I got a grow kit so didn’t self select it. But after using the light meter I realize I was keeping it way to far away. So we shall see how this current grow comes out.

1 Like

You want bigger yields you need to do lst training alot try fimming ur autos i did it and my auto has over 18 main colas anyway make sure u have good airflow between the canopy and make sure ur getting enough light down into the canopy using banana teas with fish shit and molasses ,bump up ur potassium and phosphorus intake but dont go crazy with or you will kill ur garden specially if ur using bottled nutrients lollipop ur plants get ur DLI around 40-45 start on a 20/4 light cycle then if u want to into in flower u can drop it to 18/6 light cycle .can you give me a run down on ur soil and ph and ur nutrients that u are using and ur rh in ur tent .when i have seedlings i have my RH at 80% after seedling stage i go to a 60-70% rh one more thing u can also use a nutrient tea aswell which u can do with a good organic compost and worm castings and fish shit and kelp liquid with molasses this will put microbes back into ur soil

Thanks for the info. I’m hesitant to do homemade nutrient mixes cause I don’t know enough.

I’m currently using a living soil for autos mixed with Roots Organics Lush. RH runs anywhere from 50-60%. Ph is about 6.9, just measured the run off and soil. Using Roots Organics terp teas veg and bloom but once once or twice each grow.

1 Like

Ok it sounds all good i would probably bring ur ph down a little bit to 6.5-6.7 but if the ph ur got now is doing ur plants fine i wouldnt move it ,i grow organically and i dont ph my water i let the microbes do all that however i do check the ph but i jist do adjust it

1 Like

Keep it simple to start i think. Cannabis is hardy…grows a lot of styles well…and should be fun. Research patience and reach out up here. Many fantastic growers all kinds of styles.

1 Like

Oh I’m having a blast lol. Thank you!! I appreciate all the advice. And just having a community.

1 Like

You will have plenty of help here on the forum from alot of great people that grow

2 Likes

Most don’t ph growing organic. The microbes take care of that for you. It’s also difficult to burn plants growing organic.

It’s difficult to tell from your pics but the plant on the right looks to be phosphorus deficient. Can be remedied by increasing your terp tea bloom feed rates.

1 Like