Nutrients for my plants

I just bought the Bergmans fertilizer, and according to the chart it shows, that every week it gets fertilizer. Has anyone used this and fertilized their plants every week with this? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have seen many posts from growers using them. Im sure the suggested feeding schedule if fine.
If you are in a soil with some nutrients already you may not need to feed right away.
Have you grown before?

Ok, I just read some of your other posts. You do great.
Maybe just search for “Bergmans Fertilizer” on the forum and check out some info.
I think most who have used it move on to different nutes. Not because of any inferior results, but because other lines are easier to get. And a lot of nutes like Jacks are less expensive.

6 Likes

A runoff PPM of ~1,000 should be maintained regardless of what nute product you are using.

10 Likes

,I have a Ph METER AND TDS meter but don’t know how to use it yet. When my plants go outside in 20 gallon cloth grow pots there is no runoff. the pots soak it up .

1 Like

I just bought 3 sets of Bergmans fertilizer. Usually when they go outside in grow pots and get big, they usually take 2 gallons of water or 4 gallons. Bergmans’s fertilizer said 1 tsp. per gallon of water once a week, and I always fertilized every 2 weeks in the past, with other fertilizer. I don’t want to burn my plants. Maybe what you are saying that Bergmans’s fertilizer isn’t that strong. I have burnt my plants before when I used miracle grow. Thanks for your info. I will be posting on how it is going, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: and I don’t like it I will do Jacks next year.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use that.
I think you’ll get better results with the cannabis nutrient mix. I always feed mine once a week and if runoff ppm is low I may add some during the week. Since you are outside in large pots increase your does based on your amount of water each watering.
How often do you water?? If more than twice a week I’d just add water on your third watering. If your in a very hot and dry climate you may need more water at times.

1 Like

I used Bergmans for my first grow last year. I got pretty good results for the first crop. I followed the schedule starting when the first two leaves yellowed and fell off.

1 Like

I bought 3 sets of Bergmans, for fifteen plants, that go outside in 20-gallon pots. My vegetation fertilizer is almost gone. I have one and half of the vegetation. Packets left, If I run out, I will have to use something else. But I will use Bergmans for the flowering.

How many weeks of vegetative growth do you think you’ll have? Summer is just starting here so if your like me you got until September for flowering to get heavy. Stock up on some more fertilizer for vegetative growth.
Check this chart for Photoperiod

Thank you :sunglasses: for the timeanddate.com, that is the plan, I was just a little disappointed, I guess the fertilizer would have been okay in small pots, and in a tent.

1 Like

I use General Hydroponic Flora Series in my Hydroponic DWC system.
I’d suggest a powder nutrient for outdoor that is more concentrated to last longer.
Remember that less is more when feeding.
Try this if your looking for a tried and true product.

2 Likes

I, am using Fox Farm grow big, for the rest of my vegetation

1 Like

I use GH Maxi Grow and Bloom,I like it. I’ve also used Fox Farm trio which I really didnt care for.

2 Likes

I had a big bottle grow big from last year, so I decided to use it. I will check out GH Maxi Grow and Bloom, thank you for your input.@Dave :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think I still have my bottles of tiger bloom and big bud somewhere around here. Lol :joy:

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong. You can grow good medicine with FF,it just a hassle adjusting everything 1/4 or 1/8 for me. It just a Hot fertilizer.
I mix GH Maxi full strength without any problems plus its cheaper :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

So I did a full test with my old cannabis nutrients kit. V.S. Bergmans. Both are the same strain, the same media, and they have been fed at the exact same time with different nutrients. You can clearly see the difference in week three. The larger one with more colas is the Bergman‘s.
I also had something happen that hasn’t happened in 30 years of growing. When I topped the plant, I not only got two new starts, but two more starts, the ones I cut off grew back, and the middle started growing again. That’s seven on one cut. Amazing.

Im a beginner with autoflowers and nutrients. I got gg4 seeds and bought the bergmans nutrient pack both from ilgm. i want to be sure in doing eeverything right can someone breakdown the mix of the nutrients of each stage annd when and how to apply please and thank you