Nutrients for beginners

can anyone tell me what nutrients I should use. I’m new with a few seedlings going and a few more seeds on the way. It’s all autoflower. I’m using the happy frog&ocean dirt stuff, y’all know the shit. Is miracle grow any good?

2 Likes

Definitely not. MG often results in nute burn due to the time release nuggets they put in it. MG also often leads to pH problems. I would stick with Happy Frog.

Many of us use the Fox Farm trio of nutrients, but Jack’s is quite popular with the growers here too. I use FF.

4 Likes

You have 4 to 6 weeks with those soils before you need to worry about feeding.
I use Jacks 321 formula. Its easy.
Many choices tho if you read through some threads.
Here is one that may help…

4 Likes

Miracle grow is not good.

Jacks is the most cost effective. It cost a bit to order, then you have 25 pounds of part A and B. The last part is Epsom’s Salt.

I also use General Hydroponics Flura Trio.

Greengene’s Garden is a great source of information. (He makes a lot of appearances here on the forum): He explains not only what to use but why to use.

So I used the HF&some FF. so are you saying since I used good soil that I don’t need to add nutrients. My little seedlings look healthy, just slow as hayell. Thought I might needed to add. So I just need to add patience? Lol

Correct. When in a good cannabis soil like a Fox Farm product, you won’t need to add nutrients for 4 to 6 weeks from your last transplant. Note that OF has more nutrients in it than HF and can last a couple of more weeks without feeding. They are both great soils.

1 Like

Order you some supersoil or make you some add it to the bottom third of the pot then fill it to the top with a good premium potting soil. Then simply water that’s all that’s needed really with autos. I add a touch of Nirvana in my waterings and a touch of Cal Mag at beginning of flower that’s it.

1 Like

Is that expensive? I’m pretty deep in this already. They just seem so dam slow.

1 Like

Ha, good things come to those who wait or so I’m told. No actually u can make your own supersoil, look up Subcools super soil recipe. If money is tight just use any good “organic” potting soil u can find and blend in a few spoonfuls of an organic fertilizer like a 4 4 4

Yeah ! don’t rush it the seedlings are throwing down some Roots , before you see a lot of foliage. They will take off you’ll be surprised .