Nutrients during flowering what to use and how much

I’m currently using 3-part nutrients (perfect pH by advanced nutrients). I have a few plants going into the flowering stage and I’m curious if I need to change up my nutrient mix. Should I still be using the full three-part mix during flowering or should I only be using part of the mix? And if so what are your recommendations to achieve the best quality at harvest. Thanks

Give a flush so you remove all grow nutes then switch up to the flower schedule. I use general hydroponics flora trio and follow the Lucas formula

You didn’t say what kind of medium you are growing in, but here is my feeding schedule for growing in soil. Note: This is not to be taken verbatim, and you do not need to use all the products listed here. Watch your leaves - the plant will tell you if it doesn’t like what you’re giving it. You will notice that the nutrient concentrations start out low and then ramp up. If you are growing in soil that already has nutrients, you might want to try an even lower concentration the first time around, so you can learn what your particular setup likes.

While I’m at it, here’s an Advanced Nutrients tip for you:
Start by putting part A in your water. Let it sit five minutes.
Then, add part B and let it sit for five minutes.
After that, you can add the rest of your nutrients. Wait 10-15 minutes, check your pH and adjust if needed.

1 Like

Advanced Nutrients? You better use their recommendations, switching fertilizer mfg. can have disastrous results! They all derive their nutrients from different compounds, changing these compounds is not recommended. If you feel it’s necessary to do so, (like HornHead said) you must first “flush” the entire system and the plant of these compounds before switching manufacturers. Personally, I would play it safe and use Advanced Nutrients recommendations for flowering.

Looks like I’m going to have too add a few more nutrients to my list. I am also growing in soil. The soil has no added nutrients. Other than what I have given them so far. Are you adding nutrients once a week or with every watering? I am currently adding nutrients every other watering. Thanks for your help.

I kind of mix it up, depending on what the plant is telling me. I’ve found that they seem to have no problem with a feeding every single time during the vegetative stage. During the flowering stage, I might feed twice, then water once. Late in flowering I feed every other time.
But… I also use Fox Farms soil with nutrients in it. Every grower has their own methods. So, what I do should just be a general guideline…

Thank you that is very helpful information. Happy 420.

Here’s another tip: A lot of Cal-Mag (Calcium and Magnesium) supplements also have a decent amount of Nitrogen in them, including Advanced Nutrients’ Sensi Cal-Mag extra.
If you get to a point where you need to fix a calcium/magnesium deficiency, I’d recommend getting the General Hydroponics Cal-Mag supplement. It’s readily available and only has 1% Nitrogen in it.

1 Like