Nutrients Discontinued

low pressure aeroponics and the above version is 2 plants in a 27 gallon tote res which runs on about a 7 gallon fill :wink: acts like a hybrid between NFT and DWC roots are misted and work their way into res where they soak, the aeration of nutrient solution created by water being pumped and falling back to res
4 x 1/2" elbows
2 x 1/2" T fittings
1 x 1/2" threaded one side T
1 x 1/2" variable threaded riser for sprinkler head
1 x 10โ€™ Ipex plastic pipe (to be cut for parts)
1 x pond pump
2 x standard 5 gal netpot lids 4"-6"
1 x 27 Gallon HDX tote
Everything on this list can be bought at home depot except netpot.
Optional add a air pump and stone to res but will work Ok without just better with for my drain I hit another store and purchased a nylon elbow with threaded side which came with nylon nut and washer name eludes me hereโ€™s a picture.

I attached a hose which I can either connect to my pony pump or let gravity drain as well can see nutrient level

1 Like

Are there different size pond pumps?
Do you have a picture of this? (1 x 1/2" variable threaded riser for sprinkler head)
Stone and pump I assume is aquarium. Specific size? Hosing needed? Length?
Is ipex and pvc the same? Cement needed? Any particular type? Thanks @Donaldj

Ipex is pvc the variable riser is varied lengths sold from 6-18" 6 would do itโ€™s siple pvc with threads on both sides pond pump is 225gph hose was cheap and bought to match the drain elbow 3/8" both bought at Princess Auto at sametime to be sure they would match length is longer than I needed so could easily drain

1 Like

@Donaldj

Checked out princess auto and they did not have the pond pump. Looked at Amazon. Is the following acceptable. What size hose is needed (length / dia) Drain elbow?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07557BR3P?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

That pump should work as for the elbow like I said you need to find a fitting which is easily sealed around which is the reason I picked one with nylon nut. If you have a pony pump you donโ€™t even really need it you can pump out res
something similar to this
https://www.amazon.ca/Lifegard-Aquatics-Slip-Kit-Insert/dp/B008UR8ZZW?tag=greenrel-20

threaded with nut and gasket to ensure a tight seal then you match hose to it

2 Likes

@Donaldj

Was at my grow store the other day and saw the 5 Gallon net pots. The 5 gallon ones sit on 5 gallon buckets but the basket part is in different sizes. What size basket should I get? Hope this makes sense.

Plus I was looking at totes. Is the 27 gallon needed or can I get away with a 24 gallon? Does +/- 5 gallons make a difference.

Also do I need a lid for the tote?

Really appreciate your help with this. Thanks.

2 Likes

4" nets is more than enough and 24 gal totes would work fine lid is must since it will support net pot

similar to these the way lid fits matters water runs down hill so you want lid to recess into tote not raise above it lid will get painted so light is kept out of res

1 Like

I found this one in the depths of my basement @Donaldj. Itโ€™s 112 Litre.

Too Big?

too big and upward bubble of lid would have water running out

Catalogue of many different Brands/products here: hydrofarm

Advanced Nutrients
Roots = Voodoo
Weight = Big bud
Aroma =
Flush =flawless finish
Defense = rhino skin
Weight = Big Bud
Vigor = nirvana
Aroma = bud candy