Nutrients change

This question has probably been asked alot, but i couldn’t find in thread. Im using foxfarm dirty dozen nutrients set. I want a change something better, im growing in soil happy frog mix with worm casting. In a 5×5 my light is nextlight mega pro. Great light by the way.

1 Like

Do you have a different nutrient line chosen already?
Or still deciding?

Still deciding need advise

1 Like

The Fox Farms Dirty Dozen is good for growing in soil.

I suggest switching to coco when making a switch to different nutrient line to get best results. If you decide to switch to coco you need to add to your knowledge base since coco is completely different then soil and requires a change in growing technique. Think of it as the next step to your growing adventure.

1 Like

A lot of folks here including myself are using jacks 321 by jr peters.
Very simple to use,you use the same amount of nutrients from seed to harvest and you get a great amount for your $ money.
Look it up when you get a chance.
It’s only 3 different nutrients and you can use tribus original if you choose during veg for root growth and silica and your good to go.

2 Likes

Ive heard good and bad on coco, but yes im stepping the game up. Ill read up more on coco

@Dirtybiker74 Spend hours at cocoforcannabis.com where you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about growing in coco in one well organized site.

1 Like

I use Happy Frog dry amendments at half strength.

2 Likes

I’ll never knock coco this my current auto grow in coco using organic nutes and my dang strawberry pie back left is about 35 inches tall

1 Like

I started with fox farm trio. Then starting adding different supplements but none from FF line. From there I went to Advanced Nutrients Iguana organic and 9 or 10 supplements. Expensive! No complaints about use or what / how they produced - good stuff. This was all in soils mostly derived from FF ocean forest and substantially amended.
180 degree turn. Now trying coco, and peat in separate grows using Jack’s. Also giving an autopot a go.
Can’t get much easier than Jack’s. I like the autopot but the autopot system did not like some of the AN supplements I tried to add. Fouls up the lines and a pain in the A.

2 Likes

Switched from FFOF / neuts to the roots organic/Jacks321. On 2ng grow with them and so much simpler to use. No reg flushing, no burn, no Ph crashes. The girls have loved it. The grows are uneventful and great quality.

2 Likes

GH to Jack’s 321. And love it! You can’t go wrong! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Prefer Gh maxi series of dry nutrients over jacks

Mainly because of the results my friend @repins12 has had with both. Jacks just did not produce what the maxi series was able to. Hopefully he can chime in on this as well

2 Likes

Coco/Perlite 70/30 mix. Prescription Blend nutrients in Autopots. 2 Banana Kush 1 Goldleaf. 9 weeks from seed. Before and after defoliation. Biggest plant currently at 40 inches. I originally started growing in soil and it was a PIA. Coco/Perlite is much easier.

3 Likes

on my first grow i switched to jacks 3-2-1 mid/late flower as i didnt want to keep shelling out tons of money for bottles of nutrients i wasnt going to use again as I had already planned to make the switch to jacks. The plants 12 white widow didnt skip a beat. It is super easy for me to use and incredibly cost effective. I have 55 gallon drum i use to water with. Not automated yet. I use tribus but did not this last run and I give recharge every 3 days
Safety glasses and gloves first.

1. I fill 3 drum about 3/4 of the way with filtered tap @around 150ppm.

2.Weigh out my silica. dump it in. it isnt raising my ph to much so i got to the next step.

1. Weight out my part A and mag/epsom. put it in a 5 gallon bucket add water and mix it up till it dissolves. There is ALWAYS a little bit of part A that doesn’t dissolve all the way/ sometimes i crush it sometimes I dont. I then carefully and slowly pour it in the main rezz so not to get any bits in the main…

2. I then clean the tray for the scale and weigh out my part B and pour it in a CLEAN bucket. You dont want part A and epsom mixing with non dissolved calcium nitrate(part B) it will cause fallout. Wash off stir device i used to mix the part A. Same as before mix it up until it dissolves and slowly pour it into the rez stirring.

3. I usually use my truncheon and take a ec/ppm reading and am at about 1200-ppm… 6.7 ph. I add water and bring the drum to around 50-55ish gallons. take another reading… now usually around 1100 ppm.

4. I let it sit a few and do a quick clean up. Then i get out a cup and half fill it with distilled water. I then Add my Ph down(safety glasses gloves) also ph down can go into water container /water can not go into a container of ph down. It will make bad things happen!
    I know how much to add to get the right ph at this point so i dont measure it anymore. I slowly add it to the drum while stirring. I do this a few times over the course of about 10 minutes until i get to my desired ph around 5.7 5.8( im in promix)…and ppms at about 1100-1150.

thats about it. In the morning before I water I check ph again but after a day its still at my desired ph.
This is 3 days worth of water for my grow of 9 plants in 5 gallon pots. On day 3 i usually have some ph drift and ph it down a little,. just a touch.

This whole process takes me less than a HALF HOUR and is absurdly cost effective. I buy 25lb bags of part A and B and pay about $120 for that and a bag of epsom from the local grocery for a couple bucks. I am still on my 5lb bag of recharge from a year ago and It last forever.

When i was mixing my FF nutes in 2.5 gallon containers it would take me forever and I hated it. Great learning experience though.
Lots of people have great results with bottled nutes but I will never go back. Jacks is just to easy and gives great results. Pay no attention to all the string lol. This cola was bigger than my arm and over 12" tall. I should add i have started giving more part A in flower as these WW get hungry.

5 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona
Man that breakdown sounds simple enough. Especially doing 3 days worth that quick for that many plants & in 5 gals. Thanks for taking the time to write it up!
Plants look happy as can be.

1 Like

it is simple and your welcome. I know it was a long read but I like to let people know how easy it is. My local grow shop guy was a bit dismayed when i told him I was switching to jacks but I still support them when i can… I just cant spend 100s on bottles and then the time to mix them up.

1 Like

With the Autopots I mix 5 gal at a time. Way easier than mixing a gallon at a time and I think I get more accurate PPM and PH readings. The three plants I have going right now are up taking about ten gal a week.

1 Like

I had much better results, with the maxi series and I have used both. Jack’s is in no way easier than, maxi series. I used maxi grow, during veg and maxi bloom, during flower. with a little bit of Kool Bloom second to fourth week of flowering, for a week for a week or two. 1 product no weighing and mixing 3 different products. Ended up with more product, from 3 plants, than all 6, with the Jack’s Easy, peasy, adam, louisey. Just my experience and my humble opinion :v:t4:

2 Likes

I went with down to earth dry amendment, 2 weeks in with the nextlight mega pro. Damn, im not sure if the nutrients is going good or the light. But ive already seen great improvements.

1 Like