Nutrient requirements by variety

Hi all,
For months now I’ve been growing nothing but White Widow and I found that I could only use about half the recommended rate or I would get leaf burn. I’m now starting a new crop of Gold Leaf, Purple Haze and Super Silver Haze in a new tent. I’m curious if anyone has grown these varieties and how they would compare to White Widow as far as nutrient requirements are concerned? Could I start these varieties at full recommended rate?

Looking forward to your responses,

StonerGolfer

should always start them around 25% of recommended rate, then increase at each feeding as the plants show tolerance until you get to full strength… jumping right in at 100% strength is just asking for troubles.

5 Likes

Short answer in no. Like what @Oak said above here​:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

The manufacturers usually put too high of recomended dosages than you need. Way too strong of a dose for your new cannabis plant. You should always start with 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes and see how they handel them first. Also you want to wait until there are at least 4-5 sets of true leaves, this is usually after the Lil colyotden leaves have turned yellow and started to die off. (These are what the plant initially use to store it’s nutrients that it needs for the first 3-4 weeks of life. Once these are gone then it is safe to start nutes at a low dose). As far as nutes go less is more, too much too soon is bad. If they look like their doing good and wanting more then you can increase the potency slowly. It’ll take at least a week to show how their doing. Make sure your pH is correct. Oh is very important. 6 to 6.8 for soil. When adding nutes to water check pH after nutes are added and adjust up or down accordingly. Important to do after adding nutes to water as nutes will affect pH of water. So check after adding nutes to water.

Hopefully this helps you out. This information was all gathered here from reading different threads here an there from most of the grow mentors in here.

2 Likes

If you’re using Fox Farm and going by their schedule, follow it precisely. No need to use less as they slowly introduce nutes.

@Oak,

Right on my friend. Couldn’t have said it any better.

Will

Thanks Careg, finally someone who understood the question! I wasn’t looking for a complete guide on “how to”, just what the difference is between growing different varieties.

Thanks again,

Stonergolfer

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean. LOL
I have Gold Leaf going now and I got many clones. I went by the schedule to the T and now I have 30 healthy clones that are getting fed nutes now as well.