Nutrient lockout and rain water

Hey guy’s need abit of help if anyone can lend a hand
begginer here, plants are a 4or5 weeks old and have just started showing signs of nutrient lockout + Calmag deficiency and/or droopyness.
I have been using rain water, to which I understand having to add calmag to the solution.
My question is, Do I flush with just ph’d rain water?, or do I flush with Ph’d rain water + Calmag?

extra info: Im using coco+ Perlite,
and one plant I flushed already with just ph water (then with regular nute dose) is now showing calmag deficiency + Over watering droopyness for 3 days now… How do i flush without over watering?

1 Like

note: Im using plenty of perlite for aeration, and only watering when very light pot and dry top soil

Welcome to forum you’ll really like it. This is something I can’t help with, I grow in Happy Frog potting soil but I’ll tag some people to help @CoyoteCody aren’t you growing in coco?Can you help out here or anyone else experienced with it chime in please

1 Like

Someone will answer in just a bit. Anytime you want to get someone just put @ and then name. Let me know if I can help with anything but coco. :sun_with_face:

1 Like

@LoCoRock this person has questions about Epsom salt and growing in coco and I just read where you were helping someone with coco. Thank you

1 Like

What ppm is your rain water? Mine is always about 20-30 and when I flush I just ph the water. And it’s almost impossible to over water in coco especially if in fabric pots

2 Likes

Just a tip for coco growing. In soil I know people like to let it dry back a bit before watering but you can’t do that with coco. Coco always has to stay moist. And since you added perlite its definitely impossible to overwater. They need to get water daily to be completely honest

3 Likes

Ok so I flush with just ph-ed water until my run off is at an acceptable level and then I water with cal mag added, your in coco, so you will notice some drooping but it’s really hard to actually over water in coco. What kind of pots are you in?
Oh and
giphy (1)

Welcome to ILGM!

Thank you very much I thought you were in soil. :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Thank you I have no idea on rain water. :sun_with_face:

Ooo no way!!! I’m not fond of the bug life lol

1 Like

wow, incredibly thankful for the fast response guys!
my rain water ppm is roughly the same around 10 - 30
im in jest regular black pots but will be moving to fabric at some point

the one plant i flushed with just ph’d rain water is still drooping as if its over watered and not coming back. will let you guys know how it all goes
thanks again!

1 Like

Lol. Gold :joy:

2 Likes

I will knock on wood but inside I’ve not had any unwanted critters in my Happy Frog potting soil. I have had it on front porch, covered porch and closed in, since last summer maybe the freezing temps killed them. :laughing: My husband did 1st outside grow last summer and only had problems with caterpillars. I think it was greenjewels that told me about some stuff to put in dirt for them. I’m going to grow inside and out. :sun_with_face::dancer: