Nutrient lockout and flushing in soil

You’ve got to read a few comments up. We are indeed perplexed! 8 gallons each with 5ml kleen and runnoff comes to 1800ppm and 6.5ph. Weird???

So the runoff is 1800+ that means your flush didnt take. Id reflush… use the 1 gall mixed with kleen… let sit for an hour or so. Then 5-7 more gallons of straight ph’d water. You should be able to watch ur ppms dropping (and not go back up)

UPDATE: I just did my 2nd flush with flora kleen. Ph of water before the flush was 6.3. My soil runnoff ph was 5.9 and my soil runnoff ppm is now 505ppm. I first used 1 gallon with 5ml florakleen. I let that sit for an hour. Than I flushed 2 more gallons with florakleen and tested that runoff. Now my ppm seem to be where I need them to be for the nutrient lockout flush. HOW DO I PROCEED FROM HERE? I would guess my options would be to let her dry another 4-5 days than feed maybe 1/4th to 1/2 the recommended amounts, or feed her now so she does not starve?( but doing so, wouldn’t the feeding just run through her? Today is the beginning of week 12 from germination and my plan is to go to 12/12 light schedule later this week to begin flowering. As earlier mentioned she is meant to be an auto, but not behaving so. This is my ever first grow. Here are some today pictures.! Still lots of yellow, slightly brown, slightly curled tips, eh?

1595265205848215611591807833648|375x500

Thats more then likely excess feed that u just washed off (the burned tips). You could go ahead back in with the meal. She’ll be starving in a couple days

Seems if I feed her now it will just run through because she is soaked, or???
Another question: if I make up a gallon with 1/4 feed, is there any sense to check that waters ppm before feeding so as to know if I’m over or underfeeding? And thanks for your reply.

Yup. I like to know ppms of my solution before pouring. PH as well.

And give her a couple days then

What would a good ppm and ph be before feeding?

Depends on ur stage, plant age, pot size, and medium.

Just fed 1st time after flush. Now the run off water is 1084ppm and around 5.5ph. We just switched to 12/12 light cycle effective tonight. This is mid week 10. Does it seem the ppm is too high for late veg, pre bloom? And isn’t the run off water a bit too acidic? Am I aiming for 6.5, or so for run off water and closer to 800ppm run off? And if so, what to do now? Give more water, slightly acidic to raise ph and hopefully run off some Pam’s of nutrients? Lord knows I’m no chemest!!!

Update, kept flushing and got ppm run off down to 697ppm and ph looks good.

1 Like