Nutrient line ups and who uses what

I am using the general hydroponics for my autos. What are you planning on growing in?

1 Like

I used GH FLORA TRIO with the occassional additive of epsom salts each water change. Was my first grow and didnt suffer any lock out of any sort. Am now using the lucas formula myself this second grow slightly charged up but and things are ok.

1 Like

I used fox farm nutes in the past I had great results from them. I just didn’t like measuring and mixing up of all their line up. Currently I am using greenleaf because I wanted something easier to use. I’ve been happy with both. I haven’t done a full indoor soil grow with Greenleaf to be able to tell which results I like best. My current DWC Cheese is on Greenleaf nutes.
Great topic @imSICKkid

3 Likes

Not a bad idea my friend. This should be very helpful as you said.
Myself I don’t use nutrients any more, BUT if I were to go back using them I would go back to using Advance Nutrients.
They are the best and very easy to use. Their also known as PH Perfect it’s always dead on, so what better nutrient to turn a newbie on to.

https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-Bloom-Micro-Grow/dp/B004FYSDFQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2W52AN32ZV88O&keywords=advanced+nutrients&qid=1558608433&s=gateway&sprefix=adva%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-3?tag=greenrel-20

9 Likes

My General hydroponics nutrients act like they are ph perfect. Every time I mix my nutrients into my TAP…water. It comes out 6.6 every single time. Weird coincidence I guess! Thanks for the reply!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the response Jewels!! Always love seeing your plants!!

1 Like

Roots organic

@Drillbit
Do you need to flush using Roots? I’m looking for an organic nutrient line that doesn’t need flushing. I see the Master Pack on Amazon is less than $100. Would that be enough to run 4 plants?

2 Likes

I only use the roots organic soil. The nutrients I’m using atm is nectar for the gods. But yes, flushing required at the end with nectar.

1 Like

I have been looking at the NFTG lineup. You dig it?

1 Like

I use fox farm trio. Recently started using slf-100 once a week. It’s supposed to prevent salt build ups and do something all sciency to the nutrients to make them readily available to the plant. Also switched from ocean forest to big rootz. The big rootz seems to run pretty acidic but the plants are showing much more explosive growth than I ever saw in fox farms. Headed back to the hydro store to learn more about this slf-100 additive and the big rootz soil. Also to pick up more because I’m out.

3 Likes

I have had a good experience with the ffof. I’m debating whether to go to pro mix after this run.

I haven’t had any bad experience with OF. My amnesia haze is in OF. The part I don’t like about it is not being able to drop a germinated seed right into it. This is amnesia haze, in OF, at one month

And this is white widow, in big rootz since her solo cup days, at on month

2 Likes

Cant deny that growth!! Looks good

1 Like

Amnesia Haze could also be a slow grower. To be fair, you should do 2 clones off of one plant

1 Like

Lol, I’m outta room bro. Was going with 2 indoor and 1 outdoor but with the seed mixup, I have 3 going indoor and 1 waiting to go outdoor. Still unsure where the blackberry is going to end up. She can’t stay with the AH because she’s going to need to go into flower soon and the BCK isn’t ready for flower. The WW will take up the entire grow tent.

1 Like

That may be the only good grow room problem, to many plants lol

1 Like

I like it simply because each ingredient is separate. If your skills are honed down to where you know what the plant needs simply by how she looks, it’s an awesome line! For instance when I start to see rust spots from calcium deficiency, I can just increase the amount of liquid calcium I put in the nutrient solution. I would suggest starting with their most basic lineup for new growers.

1 Like

i know @Screwauger seems to have a way with autos. Some pretty in depth info too if i remember rightly. Amnesia Haze Autoflower ~consolidated notes This should help @Drillbit

I use fox farm trio and I go by this and have had no problems for my autos

2 Likes