Nutrient deficiency or light problem

I’m 30 day into flower and i have a nutrient problem or its my new light mar-hydro tsw 2000 My plant and grow room. Soil is fox farms ocean forest nutrients and general organics bio line i use ro water and cal-mag ph is 6.2 going in and run off is 6.04 my light is 24" above the tops humidity runs at 50% and no dehumidifier or humidifier temps are 79 degrees.My tent is a vivosun 5x10x6.5 .So my plant was doing great in flower then at week 3 the leaves started turning yellow so i bought blood meal thinking the light was sucking the nitrogen out off the plant 1 tablespoon mixed in the soil flushed on day 30 and today I’m on day 32. my other plant is not affected and its on day 17 any advice

2 Likes

its og kush

1 Like

It looks like a deficiency for sure,but maybe tag @MrPeat or another experienced grower.

2 Likes

Nitrogen by the looks of things, but… why?
Please take a moment to let us know about your entire grow.
Things like ph in and out
Type of fertilizer
Soil type etc.
The more you can share the better we can help you

2 Likes

I did I put all that down

1 Like

I will concur about Nitrogen Deficiency.

2 Likes

Could the light suck the nitrogen out of the plant. I was running the light at 275 watts so I turned it down to 225 watts . I did buy blood meal for that. Do I still use call mag with the blood meal ?

Not feeding enough. It would probably take a while for any top dress to get rolling too. I have zero experience with general organics, can you mix up a concoction and bubble it like a tea?

3 Likes

Yes I can try a compost tea but do I still use the cal mag with the blood meal. I feed every other watering

Depends on what you’re trying to do. If you’re trying to run an organic grow standard calmag wouldn’t fall into that. But you could physically do it.

1 Like

ok i am seeing a theme here. i just posted i have deficiencies in my plants that have been in ocean forrest for 3 weeks. i am seeing early flowering and nutrient shortages in a few grows. all of them have been in the last 30 days

1 Like

I thought cal mag might be too much with the blood meal. I feel the light is defective some how because this all started when i bought the light and put it up that is the second plant to do this under the light

Not sure how a defective light would cause a plant to show nutrient deficiency, could you explain?

If I was guessing, I’d say its probably a more powerful light than you had. The plant is trying to do more work and needs more nutrients. Or, your vapor pressure deficit is out of whack and causing nutrient problems. If neither of those, then maybe bring your phone up a little.

No; it all started when you went into flower.

Really need a Support Ticket and filled out so we can see everything in one place.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

yes the vpd is out a little by the chart i’m running from 78 degrees and 80 degrees at 50 % humidity witch put me at 1.96 to 1.78 vpd chart says i should be at 55% to 60% humidity witch gives me 1.61 vpd and 1.43 vpd so I’ll change that. and the lights i use in the veg tent are smaller so i might upgrade my lights in the veg tent or adjust that light to a lower setting to start and slowly turn it up in flower. And thanks for telling me about the vpd I believe you just solved my problem with my new light

1 Like

Sorry it took a while to get back with you But i wanted to make sure everything is where its suppose to be and it is. So i looked at my notes and calendar. There is one thing different i stop transplanting and started planting straight into 5 gallon pot.from day 1 so i think i have root bound going by the days the plants spent in 5 gallon pot is over a 100 days and some are under that. So I’m going to transplant them into 7 gallon pot and see if that works. And my new plants i just started are in a 2 gallon pot then will transplant into 7 gallon pot before flower

1 Like

Sounds like a plan