Nutrient Burn?!?

New grower here. Growing Northern Lights auto in FFOF. Currently both plants are in week 7 since sprouting and just started flowering about 4 days ago! Have only been watering PHd around 6.5 up until 2 days ago. Gave both plants first feeding of Tiger Bloom two days ago at 2.5ml/gal and few lower fan leaves have started to yellow/brown and curl. Is this nute burn??

3 Likes

Could be. Does not look severe tho. Sometimes the lowers just die off.
Most growers I know using those nutes only go 1/2 strength.
1/4 at the beginning.

5 Likes

@Spiney_norman Suggestion on the bottle of Tiger Bloom is 10-15ml per gallon for general feeding, so I thought 2.5ml per gallon would be good for starting out, should I try even less next time?

2 Likes

I don’t believe that to be nutrient burn. I think it’s just the nature dying off of low fan leaves. :blush::v:

6 Likes

Looks like normal wear and tear as the leaves get older and maybe some possible nutrient splash.

2 Likes

@Flitme @Borderryan22
Thanks for the responses, that puts me at ease!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Growmie, you’ll still need to feed the Grow Big for the needed nitrogen :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Don’t forget Big Bloom as well. Big Bloom contains the micronutrients (iron, copper, boron, etc…) your plant needs.

2 Likes

Dead foliage on the plant is a great entry food source for pests. I would clip off the dead stuff.

2 Likes