Nutrient burn or to much sledgehammer

Not sure what the problem is, I am 2 weeks away from harvesting and my leaves started this. I just did a flush, not sure how little or how much to give, i gave it 3 gallans. This is a leaf from the strain trainwreck, photo. Also on another note, my top half is producing nicely, but my bottom are popcorn. Was going to chop half and continue with bottom 2 additional weeks. Is that sonething that can be done?

1 Like

Put up a complete plant pic and some bud shots Growmie. If you’re truly 2 weeks away a water only diet may be the way to go :love_you_gesture:

I was under the impression to feed until two days before harvest. This is my second grow, but first photo, so i am still learning.

A few weeks left Growmie 2.5-3?? What’s your feeding/ watering rountine, soil or coco and most importantly are you feeding to liberal run off and checking the PH and PPMs? :love_you_gesture:

I have read a few threads on folks who used Sledgehammer and it messed up their soil. You can avoid this by flushing with 3x the volume of your pot in phstable water ph’d to 6.8. Check runoff of last 5 gallons and if still not in range, hit it with 5 more gallons. I find allowing the water to stop dripping between 5 gallons helps the soil to be penetrated after saturation, pushing salts out.
Most importantly, after a flush it is crucial to feed. Allow water to drip 10-15 mins, then apply Full strength feed. This works very well for me.

I find people don’t know how to use sledgehammer. This is from Fox Farms FAQ page

“When performing a SledgeHammer® flush, we recommend using twice the volume of water as a normal feeding. For example, if you normally feed with two gallons of nutrient solution, you will want to perform a flush with four gallons of water mixed with SledgeHammer® at a rate of 2 teaspoons per gallon of water. This will help remove excess nutrients from the growing medium. Once you have completed your flush, you will want to wait until the top two to three inches of your medium have dried before adding nutrients. This will help prevent issues with over watering.”