Nutrient Burn or Deficiency?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been reading a lot of forums and articles trying to solve what might be going on with my plants, but I still can’t put my finger on it. This is my first grow and I’m wondering if I have a nutrient burn problem, or a nutrient deficiency problem. Pictures are below. These are clones that I planted about 1.5 weeks ago in 5 gallon smart pots with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hey welcome to the forum! It looks like you might have a number of issues going on, so fill this out and it will help everyone to diagnose what might be the problem and to help you fix it!

Please answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

3 Likes

Looks like your soil maybe a bit hot for your girls.
but fill out the support ticket to nail it down.
And welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Make sure PH is 6. 3 and do not put any nitrogen in the soil if it’s Fox Farm ocean Forest for at least 4 weeks maybe 5 so the plant gets bigger and can absorb it without getting burnt. That’s oil is already hot and when you water with regular pH water it releases nitrogen in the soil and that is why a lot of people are going by the chart and using big grow too early and getting burnt Leaf tips. That that might be the problem or may not be the problem you may also have calcium and magnesium deficiency. But I would go ahead and fill out the ticket and get some professional advice from people on this forum because they have been doing it a lot longer than I have.

1 Like

Soil may be hot also when you clone sometime the bottom leaves just yellow and die because with no roots that’s where the plant is pulling her food from

1 Like

Strains;

**2 Blue Dream, 1 Cannatonic, 1 Sour Diesel, and **
1 Girl Scout Cookies

Soil in pots: Ocean Forest by Fox Farms

System type: 5, 5 gallon smart pots

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: Not sure about this. I just ordered a PH meter to start testing this yesterday. I have been using tap water and watering other plants with it has never been a problem

What is strength of nutrient mix?: I have the trio by Fox Farms (Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Grow Big), but I haven’t used them yet. I wasn’t planning on using them until 4-5 weeks into VEG since I already have them growing in the Ocean Forest soil.

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor in a 4X4 grow test with an intake fan, outtake take with Carbon filter, a couple of circulation fans and 2 of the 600W viparspectra LED lights

Light system and size: 2 of the 600W viparspectra LED lights, roughly 20 inches above the plants

Temps; Day, Night: Temperature is ranging between 68 and 78 degrees throughout the day and night

Humidity; Day, Night: Ranging from 40 - 60 percent humidity

Ventilation system: Ye**Intake and outtake fan. **

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: None

Co2; Not sure what this means, but I have not added an CO2

I have added some additional pictures of my setup below. Hope this helps. Thanks for the quick response everyone!

2 Likes

I believe this is what I just filled out. See my post below. Thanks for the help!

I see a lot of LST coming. Welcome to the Jungle.

I hope that’s not a 4 by 4 tent

Seems like pH could be a big part of the problem. If the pH is too high or low it will lock out nutrients and starve you’re plants. Definitely need to check your ph runoff and pH the water you are pouring into your plants. Also I I think your lights could be too strong. I had two 300w LEDS on plants that size and it was too much but every plant is different. I heard FFOF soil is a bit hot for seedlings too, so if the pH is reasonable it could be that. Also a picture in normal lighting would help a lot. You want you’re ph at 6.3 and 6.8. I grow in hydro not soil, but these are just the basics. Hope this helps @JerrysJungle :v:

I’ve got 3 plants in a 4x4 and there is barely any room :laughing: lst ftw

When you say

Is that since they were transplanted after forming roots, or since they were taken from the mother? If they are clones, they look like they are just still working on forming roots, and they should be under a dome for maximum humidity.

3 Likes

I was reading down to make this very comment! Well done. They look to me like fresh clones without adequate roots yet. Dome them and keep them on 24 hours of light and maintain a high humidity until they are fully rooted.

3 Likes

Bam! :man_dancing: lol

3 Likes

1.5 weeks since they were transplanted once they had roots. The roots weren’t very large, but they definitely had roots. Should I still make a DIY dome to put over the pots and change the light cycle from 18-6 to 24 hours? I am going to test the PH of the run off, as mentioned above as well to see if that could be one of the issues.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put it on 24hrs they will definitely need rest until they recover more. Keep the 18/6. If you’re RH is at 60% I don’t see a reason for a dome if they have a good size root mass. They might not like the low 40% though. @JerrysJungle

1 Like

Best pics are taken when grow lights are off. colored pics make it hard to see the plant.

Yes, you have major nute overdose. I would suggest starting with new seeds. OR…transplant to grow media that is NOT fertilized. Using fertilized media means you give up control of nutes. Having control of nutes is very important to have a good tasty harvest. Especially, during flowering.

2 Likes