Nutrient burn extent/advice?

Hi Autoflowers have been flowering for just over a week now. I just watered them with nutrients about 2-3 days ago and now all the plants have the tiniest yellow tips to them now. So i know what it is.

My question is How fast does this progress? How much yellowing do i allow before flushing them? Or other recommendations on how to proceed? Thanks

Otherwise, healthy. So first time grower worries now.

4 Likes

Also, since i just watered them a few days ago, would flushing now be too soon? I read that overwatering comes from watering too often, not the amount of water used each time.

1 Like

I see the guys around here say that a little burn is ok they refer to it as “painting her nails” I’ll also say they will probably want runoff numbers ph/ppm. That will determine how much/often you feed.

2 Likes

Those girls are healthy. No worries. Keep doing what you are doing. This is in living soil. No feeding. Means she is running wide open pulling nutes.

3 Likes

Dont flush. No reason to yet. Kinda last resort. Color is good. Plants vibrant. I personally see no issues. Maybe a little thick.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. It helps put my mind at ease. When i search for ‘yellow leaf tips’, it brings up pages talking about nitrogen toxicity. They should also mention this being somewhat 'normal as well. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Can be if agressive change but tips are usually not an issue on a healthy girl.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry. Maybe dial back 10-20% on your ppm input. Less is more. You can’t go back from torched leaves, but you can bring their color back if you happen to under feed.

2 Likes

With N toxicity you will notice darker leaves, and clawed tips before the burn sets in I believe.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about that, my leaf tips have had a little burn on them for WEEKS :rofl: I’ve never flushed her once and don’t think she’s needed it, I’m sure she be just fine buddy

3 Likes

If i could ask something else. Heres a pic of a random stem from LST. When im looking at them now, say 1 week into flower… How much more should i expect the buds to increase in size?

In this particular pic, should i expect all these bud sites on the stem to eventually grow together into one big nug? Trying to determine when a grower knows they have popcorn or not.

2 Likes

She is young. Expect those flowers to swell a lot and fill up the stem. Months. 8 or more weeks i would guess with big swell last 3 or so. Clean up interior and bottom to remove wasted stuff. Will free energy to good flowers. Just me.

1 Like

Here are 2 runtz…weeks apart.
Uploading: 165779145911026616799166022978.jpg…

3 Likes

Ok what? I just did the math and im at week 9 with these autos. Again, started flowering about a week ago. Youre telling me i could expect up to another 7 weeks of bud growth?? I was thinking maybe another 3?

I mean, i hope youre right. So for every stem looking like that one, you suspect a good harvest?

2 Likes

Wow, thats quite the dramatic difference. It seems when i try searching things, i get no better explanation than from you guys and gals. Now i understand the growth better.

2 Likes

Yes. Auto go 3-6 weeks veg then flip themselves. About 2 weeks after flip we count 8-12 or so depending on strain.

Actually, im glad you bring that up. Try as i might, i get confused with the week separations of veg and flower… So for example, an auto might veg for 8 weeks BUT when it comes to flowering and people say week 4, theyre actually saying week 12 since germination? Sorry…

And what is 2 weeks after flip? What is this 2 week period?

2 Likes

I am a cave man on my technical side. I am 1 of the more basic growers. Super simple…super patient.

As she changes to flower she will stretch a couple weeks. After that she will start flower in earnest. Sprout/veg/preflower and stretch/flower.

1 Like

Well i assume im past preflower and into early flowering. I cant say that ive noticed much of a stretch lately, but i know it doesnt happen to all strains. Anyway, thanks for the assurance on bud growth. Cant stop staring. Sitting with them as i type.

1 Like