Nutrient and PH

So, I am just coming off curing PH issues with my first gro and being a pround owner of a new H2O PH meter, I tested my Fox Farm nutrients prior to watering my plants last night. I am using 1 tsp per quart and 1/2 tsp of the powdered bud formula (the one with Godzilla on the label — because it has Godzilla). Anyway, the ph of my 2 gallon solution was 4.3. I adjusted this to 6.6 with PH up. Was this the right thing to do? Or do the nutrients need to be given at the 4.3 for them to work properly?

You need to add your nutrients first to your water,then adjust your ph,hope that helps you,happy growing

1 Like

Yes. They were mixed… guess that explains my ph issues

1 Like

Yes, you did it exactly right.

3 Likes

@Newman444. In my experience with Fox farms and it’s been quite a lot it will drop your pH levels everytime…and it’s as simple as raising it back up…just have to watch for salt build up for thats another thing fox farm is good for…but it’s some great stuff!

1 Like

I am going to write all of this up when my first grow is completed. So much basic info is left out of the grow bibles (or not emphasized as very important). It’s been a pretty steep learning curve for sure!!!

1 Like

If you are sick of battling ph you can always get some ph perfect nutrients. Now I haven’t checked pH in 5 or 6 months. Best choice I made

1 Like