Nutes for SoHum Living Soil?

What can you add to SoHum Living Soil? What can you NOT add?
Can I start using Recharge with SoHum? I’m just starting week 4 I think it needs a boost i’m not sure this is my first grow ever. My plants are small idk if I actually need anything they say SoHum is good for 3weeks of veg i believe. I was thinking recharge would recharge the soil. I added molasses in a few watering and Great White first 2 weeks and sprinkled all over roots when transplanted. Only thing in water now is Fish Sh!t. What can I or should I be adding?
This was drafted from yesterday Sep 28
I added recharge today 29th hope they like it I also added Fish sh!t

1 Like

I don’t do living soil but need to stay away from synthetic nutes. Anything that is microbes or mycorrhizai is good.

Without pictures it’s hard to offer any real help though.

1 Like

I use Happy Frog dry amendments.

1 Like

I like @oldmarine idea the fox farm dry amendments are great easy and organic :ok_hand: they have the additional microorganisms already in them to so no need buying them separately

1 Like

Yeah I see a lot going with FF maybe I will switch next round to all FF products. Thnx I’ll look into them.

1 Like

Here is a reading from my runoff

2 Likes

Any organic nutrients or home made teas or top dress.

Green planet is a good line or Gia green

Ive never heard of that before what ur using to grow in ,im doin a organic grow living soil im using worm castings and organic compost and bat guano and volcanic rock dust fertilizer

I’m all out of :green_heart: ty everyone. I thought this stuff was more popular. How will I know when it’s out of nutes? Will my ppm meter tell me? I’m using bottled water I plan on switching I have a inline filter coming today but I just watered yesterday so probably tomorrow I’ll have new readings. Ik im slow ty all for the help I love this forum it’s the only one I use besides ilgm journal. I can’t lie though I didn’t get my beans from ilgm I need a lower min.10 is too much for me. I’m so psyched for my next grow I wish these auto GG#4 would hurry up I went photo on next grow Double Dip and Gelazzi

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the soil you are using but with true organic (living soil) you don’t want to wait for the soil to be depleted of nutrients because it’s not an instant replacement like with salts n chemicals what you add today takes a week or more to actually make it to the plant, you are actually feeding and keeping the soil happy and healthy and it in turn takes care of the plants

1 Like

Ty how do you know when your running out? The ppm meter?

1 Like

I guess you can use a tds meter (I never have runoff) but most of us just feed on a schedule, I do a good mix in the beginning and it will last through veg and that’s 6-8 weeks… I top feed my flower food about one week before switching my plants to flower and then again 30-35 days later and that will last the remainder of the grow… unless the plant is really big or a long flowering sativa I might feed a little tea towards the end
With autos I do my soil a little lighter on food in the beginning because they only veg 4-6 weeks… then they will only get one top dressing of flower food around 30-35 days from breaking ground… again unless it’s a larger plant I’ll do a tea or two

3 Likes

Tysm I have the freebie sampler from Xtreme coming. I plan on using the tea for this grow. Next grow I’m going to switch I haven’t decided what yet I just want the best for the plants this grow I got what was best for me(I thought) just add water. I thought SoHum was just add water for the whole life of the plant they have literature giving times for how much your using. I’m in 7gall fabric pots with only 5gall of soil in each I think it says it’ll be good for 3 weeks of veg or flower idk what I can do or if it even needs anything.

1 Like

If you have any more of the soil you can add some to each pot like you would a top dressing and as you water it’s goodies will help feed the plants and add a little life to the soil

I started using this stuff called Earth Dust like a year or so back it was only supposed to be temporary while I studied up on how to build my own soil, but I flat fell in love with the stuff :sweat_smile: I have no intention of changing to anything else. If you want to check it out search for “the green sunshine co” they are just a small co out of Oregon

4 Likes

My plants are loving the Recharge and fish sh!t so far. I plan on using it every watering now we’ll see how that goes. Still waiting for my water filter so used bottled spring water.

1 Like