Nute problem, or just end of life

2x4 tent in a active part of my home.(scared of light leaks so i went autos)
4" ac infinity exhaust fan
Spiderfarmer SF-2000 led
2 6" clip on fans, 1 above the light for cooling, 1 under canopy
Dehumidifier outside of tent, humidifier inside tent. I probly wont need the dehumidifier this grow
Earthbox filled with buildasoil 3.0.
Amendments=Craftblend amendments, BuildaFlower topdress, Kashi fermented grain.
ReCharge every 3rd watering
GirlScout Cookies Auto x2

So going off the seed sellers data im about 3 weeks from end of flower. I started to get yellowing and brown spots around the middle of my grow where my light was the closest, so i figured it was light burn and i moved my light higher and dimmed it slightly. But after a few days it started moving to larger fan leaves towards the outsides of the tent.

Am i having a deficiency or is this normal end of life color change, to me it seems a bit to early for that tho. Ive been goin off the build a soil youtube and jeremy had said for autos i would only need to top dress once with the craft blend amendments and top dress kit (compost/wormcastings)

Im still in the learning phase of growing so any tips or knowledge is appreciated, and any other info needed just let me know i check this site quite often.

2 Likes

Also have a grow journal for this grow

I think this is the right link lol

1 Like

It might help if i remember to post the pics also lol

3 Likes

This is true if and only if you are also making sure to feed your soil. Microbes help do the heavy lifting. Im a fan of Recharge (Real Growers Recharge I think) and even bigger fan of Tribus. The Tribus is a tad expensive but has a WIDE array of beneficial bacties to keep plants eating organic smoothies of nutrients. Recharge comes with a few but has an excellent sweet carb load (food to feed our fungi like friends).

Now… craftblend is decent. But its the icing on the cake. Your gonna want the Thrive Bloom feed to properly plumpen those bellies (feed them). Into flower PK demand SKYROCKETS, and CraftBlend is a mixture of micro and macro nutes. Kinda a cover all… but none.

Now your leaves are yellowing with Brown spots. Easiest way I recognize that deficiency is it looks like a Banana. Potassium (K). Which is a flowering nutrient.

You are either…
A. Seeing a nutrient lockout (thus the microbe recommendations, if your staying with BuildASoil Amendments GET THEM ANYWAY).
B. Not feeding enough PK
Or C. She’s really at end of life. Those buds look properly swollen and that fade is textbook senescence (emptying leaf reservoirs in late flower). But if your still feeding, that shouldnt really happen…

My vote is a combo of A and B

3 Likes

Wait… ONCE THE ENTIRE GROW?!?!

1 Like

im pretty sure he had said once you start to see flower phase to do a big top dress and it should have enough already in the soil and in the top dress to ride it though to harvest. But it was a subject that was brought up sparingly due to he hasn’t grown autos for years.

I had been thinking about doin another topdress half wayish though flower, but i had tip burns the whole grow so i didnt want to over do it. Since its soo close to harvest would go ahead and top dress or just let it fade to harvest?

1 Like

I did low stress train the main cola down, so maybe i would have been ok with what was in the soil if i didnt have the extra colas from the LST

1 Like

Im not seeing the thriven bloom on there site, I had been looking at getting the buildabloom (bloombooster+brix enhancer). Im wondering if its not similar to what you linked.

My next grow is gonna be Big Jack Widow, and i was allready goin to do a second top dress on that grow due to the last time i grew it, the plants where much bigger and longer flower time than the GSC seeds.

Im using Recharge right now for microbs just because i had it allready, but i was planing on getting some of the rootwise stuff once i run out. I think most of the stuff i use has a bit of rootwise thrown in there allready.

Im kinda trying to find a good base plan for feeding the earthbox, so after i do i can start messing with all the extra goodies that jeremy talks about like ferments, etc…

2 Likes

They tweakd their products… i dont see it anymore neither. Nor a good replacement. They went from 3-4 good bags to 10-12 spread out types… i dont like that model. More profit for them more headache for us

The buildabloom looks more like inoculants (microbes) then PK… :man_shrugging:t5::man_facepalming:t5:

3 Likes

Sounds like a sweet set up :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I hear ya, but i do like the company alot more than others. With my wicked adhd there videos that are full of info instead of video production is kinda what my brain needs lol

I went ahead and did a full top dress of Craftblend, kashi blend, and build a flower. I havent decided if im gonna try and no till this box again or just grab a nuther bag of soil for the next grow. I kinda want to no till for the learning aspect, but i also kinda want a solid base to work off of.

Im loving the earthbox style tho

3 Likes

Bokashi is AMAZDBALLS!

@GreenJewels @Budbrother have journals full of it! Jewels is a friggin pro

2 Likes

It smells horrible tho lol, ill check them out

1 Like

:point_up_2: likewise PurpNGold :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

They don’t sell ot anymore. I still have a little left from when they did. Now they have pure protein dry instead. Its also fish aminos but I haven’t tried it yet.

I am no pro but thanks for your confidence @PurpNGold74 and the tag. I love to follow an earthbox grow
:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

I top dress every 2 weeks with craft blend, bokashi and build a flower. I lay off the craft blend about week 5 its high in calcium. Build a bloom is great for the P but i still add more K so I topdress with langbienite for the K once about 2 weeks before the flip and again in week 4 because week 5 of flower they really ramp up the need for potassium. After that I do again week 6 with a fine ground into a powder azomite from Greenway. I like the azomite and feel it’s increased my frost (trichomes) on the buds
I agree with Purp, those leaves are showing a K deficiency. I have solution grade potassium sulfate on hand for immediate K and sulfur needs.

Happy growing :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Exactly how old are the plants in days? We don’t do that week # bs with autos.

Yes imo because it’s happening even over the whole plant at least from my view. Buds look fully formed and I don’t even see any white pistils. Got any closer up pics?

1 Like

Thanks J! See I knew ud have the inside scoop haha.

2 Likes

I try :grin: I need ro correct to say that build a bloom is the replacement for the previous thriveNbloom. Pure protein dry is the replacement for thrivengrow, for veg :wink: Im just a dang stoner messing stuff up :rofl: sorry if I confused

2 Likes