Nute burn? No smell on buds, should i pull the plug now

Hi
I have a problem with my buds that they have no smell and the leaf ends are curling up
i think they have nute burn
the buds look ok but also look low on resin
they have been on bloom nutes for 2.5 weeks
the ph was 6 but EC was 2.4
I see now it should be 1.6
is there any way to recover or should i pull the plug now and start again?
will get some photos

Strain; Type, Bag seed, - ILGM Big Bud and supa skunk, 8 weeks old

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?- Rocket/ Air pot in Coco

System type? Hand water in pots in small room 1.7m x 1.7m 6x6 feet insulated coldroom walls

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS! Coco bloom A and B, Cal mag, bloom stimulaor all 2ml per litre

Indoor or Outdoor- Indoor

Light system, size? 600w hps 12/12

Temps; Day temp around 30c, 77f, Night temp 24c 70f

Humidity; Day 60 to 80%, Night 60 to 80% has been up to 94%

Ventilation system; Yes 6 inch/ 150 mm on 25% 24/7
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, No

Co2; ,No

any advice would be greatl appreciated

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @peachfuzz

Three good advisors on the way…

Your EC should be .7 or so. 1,200 to 1,400 ppm.

You don’t need to pull the plug but a good flush in coco is necessary periodically. If you haven’t you should.

Pictures are great.

Your RH is going to wreck your crop if it’s not down below 50% FYI.

PH needs to be 5.5 to 5.8 in coco.

6 Likes

Hi and thanks for the reply
Yes i have flushed and just flushed with 10L each PH water 5 hrs ago
RH is 70 atm it sucks and we are 1 month into autumn so it should go down from here. winter is on the way. i know it reduces quality
EC should be .7 Not 1.6 then im way too high
AT this stage they are 5 weeks into flower and they dont have much smell at all
What should i do?

20180401_000325|281x500

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the smell right now. I found my plants would give off an aroma one day and nothing the next. As the plant matures you should start to experience some smell.

I would get your ph in line so the plant can uptake nutrients correctly and stay on a watering/feeding regimen that the plant is happy with. At that point in the grow I would be feeding every second day; i.e. water/feed/water/feed all at 10% runoff. I ran out some coco and never saw my PPM above 1,300 and most of the grow was around 900 PPM.

Can you provide a single closeup of your flowering plant in natural light? Post it as a single picture and we can superzoom to look closer.

5 Likes

I’m not sure of the facts, but it’s my belief that when you can smell them, without touching them, that is when the terpenes are building/working.

Perhaps @Niala could provide some more insight into that. He knows more about terpenes than I do…

2 Likes

They certainly can be recovered and have weeks yet to go smell can come and go through flower and we also get so used to it we stop noticing. Buds tend to fatten and produce more oils and triches at mid to late bloom weeks 3-7 strain dependent so before that they don’t always look crystal covered and sexy

7 Likes

They don’t just call marijuana weed for fun. Totally salvageable plant. Flush, Ph and be easy on the nutes. They’ll be back to growin like a weed in no time. You will lose weight for sure, but better than nothing at all. Look at it as a learning experience.

2 Likes

More pics with light off
like i said they dont look too bad but dont have the right smell to them
so im going to flush again and check runoff for PH and EC
so for EC should i stay at .9 or follow this chart i found

1 Like

supa skunk
i will try to get some better pics
It has been very hot and humid so could be a combination of heat and strong nutes
i will post runoff results soon

so runoff results from flushing were interesting
PH was ok except for 1 was 6.5 and EC was 3.2 so after 30 L water EC came down to .8
so they all got around 30 L flush to get down to EC .9 to .7
have made up nutes to 5.5 PH and EC of .9 and will see how it goes

Looking at the leaves on the last photo it does look like some heat stress with everything else in range and following the advice of our fellow growers, I would really look at getting that humidity down definitely when you are in the flowering period 45%-35% RH is a good target good luck :v:

3 Likes

how can i get RH down?

@macca

Your problem is: Magnesium Deficiency

Here is a pic of Magnesium Deficiency

plant1mg

Solution to fixing a Magnesium deficiency

Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Magnesium in them will fix a Magnesium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
Other nutrients that have magnesium in them are: Epsom salts, which is fast absorption. Dolomite lime and or garden lime (same thing just called different) which is slow absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Magnesia which is medium absorption. Worm Castings, which is slow absorption. Crabshell which is slow absorption. Earth Juice Mircoblast, which is fast acting. (a must buy!! Has lots of 2ndary nutrients).
Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Wrote by
Stitch
Posted by
Garrigan

1 Like

Pick up some Epson Salt and put a pinch into your PH’d water for magnesium problems.

1 Like

Earth Juice microblast is great! Been using it every other week, now that I’m using r/o water.

1 Like

I agree but Epson Salt can be purchased quickly, locally, no matter where you live. No wait for shipping & is really cheap.

I’m not arguing about which is best. I was agreeing with what Stitch shared via Garrigan.

You have a long way to go, whatcha think @Myfriendis410 @AnneBonny