Nute Burn? Defiencies? Help Gary

Soil slurry test. pH 6.5. PPM 550. And yes Gary is in Vigoro all purpose potting mix, .07:.04:.03 percentage wise - not much left at Home Depot in late November!

I have only applied compost tea made out of grow-rite out of CO pH 5.6 but picked up some Epsom salts and will start drying eggshells.

Gary and the other girls are 12 weeks old. Trying to keep this grow as natural as possible.

Not looking for a gigantic harvest since this is my first grow. Just want to make it through flowering and get something my SO can smoke.

2 Likes

Buds take a significant amount of light and nutrients to grow
You really need to pump up the ppm
Buy some flowering fertilizer from a hardware store or a hydro store.
Use it

1 Like

@Nicky. Thank you! You have been very helpful to this noob. I’ll do what I can to finish this very stunted grow. I have some liquid houseplant food which will have to do since we are are one level below another lockdown and heck only knows when I can get anything during the holiday season from Amazon - nothing against Amazon! They have a lot of volume this year. We also have a rash of porch pirates and mailbox bandits in our neighborhood.

Since they are 12 weeks old and vary from 12-17” with bags that add another 9” when should I take the scary plunge and flip?

Closet is 5’ tall. With a bigger carabiners and a bit of MacGivering I can get the lights to about 4” below the top.

Thanks again friend.

@Nicky. Gary is supposedly a GG4 but knowing a few growers…well tagging gets mixed up. She is really pulling Sativa compared to the others.

Well that’s a nice strain it takes its time to bulk up but it does bulk up.

Your welcome anything to help a fellow grower

1 Like

I would clean up all the larf at the bottom that’s never going to catch up. Pinch all the stems at a make believe height and bend them over (super cropping) anything under this line in the sand needs to go that way you send all the nutrients to the colas you’re going to keep. I’d allow 3 weeks or so of healing and new growth before switching to flower. Gary looks great👍 Well done

1 Like

@Sirsmokesalot ! OMG a thumbs from you? I feel like Garth saying “I’m not worthy”.

Hahaha as a single tear rolls down his cheek. You’re very worthy my friend - you’re going to be sooo stoked once you harvest Gary. There’s nothing like growing your own. Please let us know if we can help down the road. I got so much help on hear starting out, I love being able to return the favor :ok_hand: keep on doing your thing rockstar :star_struck:

2 Likes

Update on Gary Bear. Wow he is looking good. Temps are dropping inside at night and they are not drinking as much. I am still waiting to water, top and tie him down a bit.

Then three weeks and flip!

New update on Gary
GG4
Leftover potting soil,
3 gal fabric pots,
Nutes-some houseplant juice from HD, light 18-6, 600 W cheap things from China,
temps vary 20F since it is winter here 55-75
Humidity 35-55
no CO2.

So I waited until the fabric pot was really dry and she was looking great. I had one gallon of pH’d water for a water and one with nutes (pH adjusted) for her after water. pH in and out <7. PPM in 500 and out 700.

It is common for them to wilt after waterings? I’ve been pinching off the old growth a bit at a time at each watering - old growth is funky with vertical fan leaves and severely stunted and purple stems. She’s too hardened to bend branches.

She smells like oregano but my smell and taste have been messed up since March.

@Dave101
@Nicky
@Sirsmokesalot
@Skydiver
@Otis
@Holmes
@Amazon66
@Mark0427

Should I be worrying? I want to flip In two weeks. I don’t care about harvest weight - just want to make it through.

You have all so been so kind with my struggles with Gary. I would appreciate any advice.

Yes. It’s common for them to look a little droopy after watering. The water they are sucking up adds some weight to the leaves… the bounce back.

1 Like

@Otis. Thank you! I was worried I hurt her again. I really think she hates the name Gary and just taunts me constantly! I have four other strains that are are doing great in the exact same conditions.

@JaneQP. What did u say u ph the water to?? Looks like 7 in and 7 out. That might pose as a problem. Soil 6.0 to a 6.8. 6.5 being a great target.

<7 in and out about 6.3 in. 6.8 out. Seem normal? She was at 7.2 out two weeks ago.

Yeah sounds a good area to b. How much do u water them. Do u always water til a bit comes from bottom and then wait til its light again? Get a feel for it dry and then wet. When u water wait til its feeling light before u water again. Will do it much better giving it air out time. When u water water it super slow as it can soak all the dirt not tunnel and get certain areas only.

@Mark0427. Because of Gary’s pH issues and early nute burn. I flush her slowly with a gallon of plain pH’d water until run through and then after she drains I follow with pH adjusted nuted water (just houseplant stuff that is available in winter) from HD.

1 Like

Check on amazon and see about somethung made for marijuana. Fox farms. general hydroponics. Jacks. There is a ton out there for pretty cheap too.

I’ll try - without prime I am always 2-3 weeks out for free shipping. I am not ever going to pay more in shipping than the product costs.

1 Like

You can do the 30 day free trial for prime. If you cancel before the 30 days are up they won’t charge you anything.

1 Like

Check your local hydro/grow stores In your area they will usually have what you need and be much cheaper than slamazon.

I don’t normally have droopy plants after watering but if they get too dry they will droop telling me hey…I’m thirsty

They normally droop when needing water and can also droop if too much water …not after watering when thirsty but when watering too frequently

1 Like