Nute Burn? Defiencies? Help Gary

Gary has two main colas. I tied them together with a shoelace. Sprayed the break last night and again this morning. She seems happy. Just wanted to mention Gary 1.1 (clone) has the same brown dots/splotching. Maybe bad genetics? Or maybe Gary doesn’t like her name?

Clones will generally yellow out - atleast all mine do. Could also be it had set in before you cloned so of course since it’s part of same plant it’ll share its deficiencies. Any pics are helpful.

Second guess would be she doesn’t like Gary :wink: goodluck :+1:

1 Like

pH meter showed up. Tap water is 7.2.

@Otis
@Dave101
@Nicky
@Skydiver
@Sirsmokesalot

Watering day. Tap pH was 7.2-7.4. I dropped to 6.3-6.5. PPM:30.

Each gal got a gal flush.

pH out on Gary was 7.2. Everyone else < 7.

PPM out 600-800.

I added mosquito bites and my second LED show up along with a timer so they have a very steady lighting regimen.

I cut Gary’s worst leaf.

I’ll check on them throughout the week and give you an update on pH and PPM after next week’s water.

1 Like

7.2 ph on runnoff is to high, try to get her around 6.5 ph

1 Like

Thanks @Dave101. Should I drop her intake water to a lower pH? And/or flush longer next week? I just want Gary to like me again. LOL.

2 Likes

You can keep the ph in at 6.3 - 6.5, just gotta keep running water through the pots till it’s 6.5, gonna take more than a gallon.

2 Likes

Thank you @Dave101. I’ll make up an extra two gallons for my Gary - maybe three since pH is logarithmic. He will be as flushed as meeting the parents on a first date!

1 Like

I meant she - too much time elapsed to edit. Gary is a she. Like a Boy Named Sue.

1 Like

You don’t necessarily want to drop the PH too low all at once.
Your isn’t that far out of range. I suggest doing so in steps.
Go in at 6.0 next time you water and water some extra for run off and see.
Just my thoughts…growing in living soils I’ve essentially left all that crap behind so haven’t had to deal with all those gyrations for some time now

1 Like

Haha I love that song

1 Like

@Skydiver do you have a grow journal?

1 Like

Here is my concurrent grow journal

Here is my first grow journal

I have created several topics on the forum just click my name and you’ll be able to see what topics I’ve started…much good info I’ve read about and shared in various posts…mostly discussing organic grows and such

@Skydiver. I am still learning how all this works! Looking forward to your journals!

1 Like

Never ending journey…it’s a hoot! Best “job” ever.
Much great info around here.

BTW anytime you wanna check out someone topics just click on their icon/name and then again I think,haha and it will take you to their stats and there if you select topic will show what threads they started and looking at the date of last post you can see active threads and old ones easily

Like this with your info

1 Like

@skydiver I did not know it was that easy! I thought I had to get invited somehow.

1 Like

Haha you have already been invited and here you are!

1 Like

@Dave101 @Nicky @Otis @Skydiver @Sirsmokesalot

Here is Gary. She survived the break and growing like gangbusters after adjusting the pH of her water and adding a second light to the grow closet. She’s 17” now - she was a 10” stunt when I got her.

I swear the last 2” were since the pH adjustment and a good flush.

She looks like a jungle up top. Do I need to do any trimming or topping?

2 Likes

So you flushed Bruce Jenner there? Really good?
Did you re do a soil slurry sample to find your ph and tds?
Make sure that PH is ideal or everything’s useless then make sure your tds is appropriate for your stage fo growth