Number of girls

After measuring a corner section of the area I can use, it will be appx. 3’ x 4’ (l/w ) x 6.5’ high … Indoor grow, fem LSD strain … Air flow and cooling will be @ 68 - 70 deg. , indoor , hps / mh …Im guessing really safe bet would be 3 girls … I would like 4 but I dont want to crowd them and getting a lower yield … Thoughts ???

Yeild is mostly dictated by your lights. Number of plants will only divide the yield. Each plant really takes 2x2 space to grow so 3 is about right.

3 Likes

I would agree 3

1 Like

I’d say 2-3 plants.
Just don’t let them veg to long before flipping to 12/12. You can easily run out of space.

1 Like

I did 5 in a 3x3 tent and it was crowded. I could push 4 but over crowding would hurt yield. I’m going to try perpetual this fall with two plants always vegging and two flowering. Oh yea, I have 2, 2x2 tents to compliment my 3x3 to help with this goal.

2 Likes

I’ve got 5 in my 4’x8’ perpetual flower tent, I’m planning on 6. It’s already crowded.

1 Like

I vote for 18 plants in the space, 1 gallon pots, but ya can fit 24 in it if they are skinny girls

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of maintenance 18-24 plants. Really? If it was a SOG on an ebb and flow I could see it but not individual dirt pots.

suggest hatching twice what you want to harvest. not all will hatch. not all will grow big n healthy. some will just never get big.

with more started…you can keep the 3 strongest fastest growing to be the harvest.

:cowboy_hat_face::vulcan_salute::v:

1 Like

You can run 4 plants in that space if you want. I wouldn’t really even consider 4 pushing the space. You just won’t require as much veg time to get a full canopy.

Hi bro,

it mainly depends on the pot size in my oppinion. I have 2 grow boxes about your size, in 1 I have 4 Plants in 9L (2,38gallons?) and in one I have from 6 to 8 in 6L (1.5gallons?) pots. I would say you rather put one more than one less. You can at any time still remove branches so every top gets enough room and light. Better to remove than to have the space not filled… in europe its quite common to grow more plants. Its also the safer option in case something goes wrong with one or two plants all together (nutrients or something) … like I messed up one of my bubble kushs and all other plants are perfect. I cant explain it to myself (probably something with the roots/lockout whatever) I tried flushing etc but it did not help… just happens sometimes and it should be considered.

Have a nice grow

1 Like

I started with 4 tubs, 6 one gallon pots each.

1 Like

Oops, gotta reload pic

I have two adult plants in a space that size. I used to over crowd and over time have very slowly learned my lessons. This is one of two plants in that space.

3 Likes

I read the safe space for a 1000w system is 7x7 … Since I am only having a 3x4 area can I turn the light setting to 50% ?? I only have a 6’6’’ ceiling and towards the later part if I use 1000w’s I would have to slam the light to the ceiling … 50% would mean 500 watts correct ?? That should cover a 5x5 area …For 3 girls would that be enough ?

Plants look really good @Sixpackdad.
:+1::v:

1 Like

A standard 1000 watt hps light is good for about 20 ft² of ideal production, 7x7 is a little much for a light like that. You can dim your light if you’d like, about 600 watts probably plenty. The bulbs do perform a little differently though.

1 Like