NPK industries nutrient line

Ya dog, I wouldn’t mess with you like that. It’s probably more like 2-3 hours from there realistically. I’m not exactly sure though, would be a completely different route. It’s 1.5 hours to Michigan border heading NE from me, and then 45 min south to work. Probably far from ideal, but if push comes to shove I’ll do whatever I can to help.

I use to have a few contacts in the aluminum extrusion industry that are somewhere in Michigan. I could probably reach out to them as well.

Unless I relocated to your state, you’re right that is a bit far. I do have some contacts in Chicago as well. I’m sure I’ll find something. I always do, even if it’s shoveling s*** for awhile! Lol. Thanks @dbrn32 I’ll head your way if nothing else.

3 Likes

Been there done that. Always a way to get by if you need to.

1 Like

All out of likes @dbrn32

2 Likes

From your description sounds like we’re pretty close lol

2 Likes

Could be. Close to 55 or 80? @Sirsmokes

2 Likes

I’m probably 90 min south say 70

1 Like

You mean interstate 70, or like 90 min south of the city?

1 Like

Yes I 70 sorry that even kinda confused me when I reread it lol yes I’m about 90 min 120 min south of that area

2 Likes

A southern boy! We spent a lot of time down there when my son raced motocross.

1 Like

I like to head up north to ski

2 Likes

Need to get up there I haven’t hit the slopes in a couple years

3 Likes

@garrigan62 or @Donaldj if one of you guys can verify I’m looking at this correctly I’ll try to quit bothering you.

If you took one of these mixes that is designed as a bloom mix and has npk ratio of 7-15-30, and added calcium nitrate that has npk ratio of 15-0-0 at equal parts, That gives you an npk ratio of 22-15-30 correct?

So if I was happy with the npk ratio of the flowering mix, but wanted to target an npk of 3-1-2 during veg, I could add 2.5 parts of the calcium nitrate to 1 part of the flowering mix and get to a 3-1-2 ratio? Assuming I had all of the trace elements, micros, macros, and whatever else or could add them without changing my ratio.

1 Like

That’s about right you also have to remember any additives stack and the Cal Nitrate without Aminos is in essence too hot when I have looked at RAW line in the past it has always been a complicated system by nature. As well as being rather expensive to create good balance but some have sworn by some of their additives being extremely concentrated. Most who use liquid nutrients forget the bulk of what they are getting is water adding to shipping expense storage space used and shortening shelf life the guy behind the RAW line up does instructional videos on understanding how to use the productson Youtube

3 Likes

Thank you! I wasn’t particularly looking at using the raw line, but I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I’ve been looking around at the other suppliers of dry nutrient salts as well. Outside of crunching the numbers on trace elements and what not, there are certainly some much cheaper alternatives. But I definitely want to go through and verify that I’m not missing anything for the price difference.

Just so I understand completely, what do you mean by additives stack? Like the nitrogen content in one mix is added to the nitrogen content in the other? I tried to account for that. Or did I miss something entirely?

3 Likes

You got it the basic NPK and micros stack this many mg of that plus this many mg that etc… I still buy some nutrients as powders Bud blood Big bud Bloom booster and did run GH Maxi series bulk of summer with decent results

3 Likes

Cool thanks again!

I know I’ve come across the recipes for things like overdrive and big bud in my searches. I’m not prepared or qualified to say for certain how accurate they are. But I guess there a couple of states that require manufacturers to list in detail ingredients of fertilizer sold within them. The connoisseur a/b is another one of them.

I don’t really care to do that. Not at this point anyway. I’d settle for something that at least appears to that it would work, and then tweak on it as I go. That 7-15-30 I mentioned earlier is about $80 for 25 pounds shipped to my door. At a couple of grams per gallon I could give half away and it would still last me a lifetime. Calcium nitrate is even cheaper, you just have to watch exactly what you’re getting apparently.

Have a lot more looking to do, but I feel more comfortable doing so now. I’ve gotten kind of use to adding things like silica, fulvic, and humic. But I don’t see anything else I would want or need breaking the bank.

1 Like

@dbrn32 thank you for asking more questions. I never thought of some of those things. I did understand the nitrogen stacking though. I was considering this line for hydro, but might try it in soil first. Any information is beneficial to understanding just a little bit more about growing.

2 Likes

I hear ya. This started with me moving from dirt to promix, and now is getting out of control. Go big or go home right?!

3 Likes

That’s how you get it done! When I relocate, i think I need to try hydro. Better access to materials for plumbing. Think maxheadroom would rent a space at his house? Lol
Dad said and I quote… “No mint plants in the basement” that’s been a long standing joke. I grew a plant once in my room. I told him it was a mint plant. Lmao.

4 Likes