Now I’m told that I must separate the girls from the boys, trouble is i have no idea when and how to even tell who’s who

flowering

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

Now I’m told that I must separate the girls from the boys, trouble is i have no idea when and how to even tell who’s who…

I don’t have time to find a link for you, but just Google for pics of male and female mj flowers. You won’t start to flower until you change the light schedule to 12/12. If outdoors you won’t see flowers until your dark period exceeds 10 hours.

Maybe this will help you! m_and_f2b3106ef64aaabc8204cf42d5106d898eb5d5b4d7_1_666x500

Hey thanks for posting this.:ok_hand: great…

look for the white hairs

May i make a suggestion
Join is here on tbe forum and start a grow journal so we can assist you
Pictures speak a thousand words as well
In most cases you wont be able to tell sex of the plant until it enters flower stage
The about graphic is great aid in sexing your plants

You don’t have to remove the males if you want a lot of seeds and did not care if the end product was any good. This is why people buy feminized seeds or clones. If you live in a state that lets you grow 6 plants it is a bummer to have to kill half of them after raising them to the point they flower. Also a big waste of money for electricity if you grow inside.

Look at the ILGM seed catalog. Many are available as feminized, which will almost always give you 6 out of 6 females.