Novice trying desperately to improve my bud quality and increase yield

Hey all. I need help. I need to get a larger canvas planter. Is 5 gal. big enough? I grow indoors, autos and I have space for the plant to grow fairly large.
I am having difficulty keeping the humidity down to 50% during flowering. I do not have mold or bugs.
Is that a problem?
And I recently changed from tap water to distilled. I am hoping that will be better for my plants.
After my first ten plants have had loose buds, not even 1/2 ounce yield. Some of it was so pathetic, I threw it away.
Any advice or assistance on any or ,the questions would be so appreciative.
Thank you to all the experienced maijuana growers who share their knowledge with novices like myself.
Ms.

1 Like

Need more details but I’m guessing it’s a matter of not enough light/light quality

7 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood has you covered on airy/small buds. Lights will make a huge difference. What are you now using for lights? happy growing :rofl:

1 Like

Can you give us detailed description of your grow space, equipment, and previous methods used?

3 Likes

Reading some journals arounds should help , there is many proven methods and set ups here you can basically copy, and lear as you go

Somewhere there is a thing you can fill out to give an idea of conditions that the plant is under

I don’t have it but I know someone will post for you to fill out and then we can get to the bottom of the problem

Is this what you are looking for?

• Strain: Amnesia Haze Autoflower seeds
  • Type (fem/auto/reg): Auto
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor): indoor
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): happy frog on bottom, Ocean forest on top, both mixed with coco and perlite
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir: ? – I do have a ph detector
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS): ?
  • Light type & schedule: 18 hours, Light for Pot - Single Pot 75 Watt LED Grow Light Ă— 1.1, with some supplemental lights
  • Temperatures day & night: varies, mid to yhigh 70s
  • Humidity day & night: from 20% to 50%
  • Ventilation: window open, two fans in the room
  • A/C set at 78 in house
  • Humidifier: Yes, I use it depending on the humidity in the room
  • De-humidifier: n/a
  • Co2: n/a

That’s the thing

Yes it will help greatly
Now I’m still learning and quite noob so a lot of that is gabboldy gook to me but the light entry caught my eye

I’m still thinking that’s the main reason why you can’t get hard buds but any more specifics on the lighting
Brand/model/ blurple or no… and when you say “supplementary lighting” what exactly is that?

Every thing else seems good to me but again I’m n00b

1 Like

@Mr_Wormwood once again has you covered :star_struck:let us know what type of light are using, then we can help you. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

I bought the lamp from A Pot for Pot and I have another lamp with grow bulbs w/various colors of lights.
I think I definitely need a 5 gallon canvas planter for my next.

I hate to say it but I would be willing to bet that that light is in adequate for the kind of yield and quality that you were looking for

3 Likes

The lite you have if I read correctly is a 75 watt led .,not nearly enough to get anything that you may desire but something is better than having buy your weed. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

I feel bad because I never looked at a pot for pot stuff and didn’t realize that they even sold lights,and as you have learned, it will grow weed, it’s not what we think of as top shelf.

That looks like it would maybe be good for seedlings but honestly I’m surprised you got even larf

Are you in a position to upgrade your lighting system as there are many who can steer you in the right direction

It looks as though you are committed to growing, but you were led a bit astray in the light dept otherwise you seem fairly well set and familiar with what you need to do. Now it’s just get a quality lighting system

1 Like

Yeah without good light, nothing else you do or pot size is going to matter. Light dictates yield capability and bud density as well.

1 Like

@dbrn32 is somebody I heard that could shed some light on the subject

See what I did there?

5 Likes

Please help me find a good light! It is a small space, appropriately 4 X 3, floor to ceiling.
That freaking light cost me $100. Money is tight, one reason I want to grow my own. GŔRRR!

@dbrn32 is the guru, he’ll be able to steer you right

He should be able to get you the most economical solution to your particular situation

1 Like

Use the sun it’s cheaper, when you can afford it sway to 2 hlg 260 xls

I live in a condo. I do take her out the couple of hours I get direct sunlight on my balcony and electricity is covered in my condo fee. How much for the light, approximately?
Thanks.

1 Like