Nothing but autos for Capt. Cola in coco!

I’m in Cali, once it was legalized, they started popping up every where. There are 17 within 10 miles of me, and they are outrageously expensive. $40 an 1/8th for less than stellar product. You aren’t missing anything other than the experience.

But… where I find dispensaries valuable is in trying new strains BEFORE I buy the beans. I was about to pull the trigger on 2 different strains and bought an eighth of each from the locals for $80. Those strains did not work well for me so saved about $120 in seeds I wouldn’t have wanted to grow.

Edibles are another benefit, get try out different ones at a relatively low cost, but still expensive compared to making your own. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Lol, I’m Illinois with tax the rec weed is $75 for 3.5g… it’s usually pretty darn good tho

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yea I would be all over the edibles. I’m still working on making good ones. Maybe by the spring I’ll have a handle on it.

@Pinboy it amazes me they can sell 1/8’s for $75. That’s a $600 zip :open_mouth:.

Thanks @Bulldognuts. A lot of great entries this month. The quality of buds people are producing is fantastic.

7 Likes

The tie breaker vote ends soon. Go cast a vote if you haven’t already. Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

LSD 7.5
Pk 8.75
Afghan 9.9
Gold leaf 7.75

That’s just under 33 zips or a little over 2 lbs. I’m going to use a bunch for edibles. I would like to get better at making them.

Going to put this here because it closes tonight. Vote if you haven’t done so!

10 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@Capt.Cola , so these girls were not topped? Just lst?

1 Like

Awesome #’s :clap:

1 Like

Yes that is correct.

1 Like

Thanks Pinboy it was a good run.

1 Like

Well the results speak for themselves! Was this strategy just to avoid shock/slowdown?
Are you planning this on the next plants? Sorry for all the questions.
You certainly got plenty of tops just by training. Amazing plants & yield.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate the kind words. Don’t be sorry for asking questions. That’s how we all learn. I like to share the info I have!

Yes, I did it to avoid any slowdown. I am trying to get as much as possible this winter to avoid a big summer grow. I have found that sometimes auto will slowdown when topped or fimmed. I personally have given up on fimming because I never got a good return doing it. Some have great luck I never did. Topping I have had more success with and plan to do it this grow on a couple.

I also take into consideration the plants growth rate and how healthy it is. If a plant is growing slow, topping it could stunt it. Something that is growing rapidly can probably take a topping.

3 Likes

I just want to give you props. Winning 2 SOM comps growing autos shows that you can produce with autos as long as you know what your doing. :call_me_hand::metal:

4 Likes

Thanks bro that means a lot. It’s taken me two years and a lot of learning with trial and error. I’m hoping for a great grow this winter! Thanks again for the kind words.

3 Likes

Very nice Brother. If I do half as good I will be happy.
And congratulations on the double win!!
:sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I think you will do great! Regular autos is on my list to grow.

2 Likes

I’m setting them in the pots tomorrow. I’m gonna suturate the coco with Jacks a lil Mycos and cal mag to runoff then in a few days I’ll turn it on. How does that plan sound Brother? Or could I just turn it on? :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

By the looks of them the roots will be at the bottom of every pot when you transplant. I would give them one top watering after transplant. Let them dry out a day or so then switch the pots on. Can’t wait to see what these plants do.

2 Likes

That’s kinda what I was thinkin. Everything I read says let it get established in the pots for a week or so.
I was hoping a few days would be enough. Thank you for your time Brother. :pray::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like