Not2sureyet and 4 more Durban thai, 2 more TXL šŸ¤«

Only change one variable at a time though right.

Yeah peat vs cocoā€¦ Hmm

2 Likes

@Nicky, Nothing will really get changed through this. I will only be using bases nutes for the GH. No big bud or any other stuff with the GH.

For the first week. I will be feeding the jacks roughly 875ppm and the GH at 383ppm. I am staying with what I know works for the GH. I am adding the humic/fulvic acid for week one since it was pointed out on the free side that promix has it in it. other wise. I donā€™t use it any more. I will use feed, water for week one. And a feed, feed, water after that or till they are in the auto pots

So Jacks is
Part A 3.6g
Part B 2.4g
Epsom 1.2g

For the GH
Micro 1.25ml
Grow 1.25g
Bloom 1.25g
Fulvic/humic acid 1.25g

4 Likes

What are you using for fulvic and humic? You should be able to apply that to Jackā€™s as well, if you want.

3 Likes

This is my experience as well. Thatā€™s why I like it.

Glad to see you getting use out of that bag of Promix I gave youā€¦

Set to ā€˜Watchingā€™.

3 Likes

@dbrn32, I still have some of this. It didnā€™t seem like it made a difference when I used it. So I gave it away. I had a qt. I still have a small bottle of it. I only mixed enough in the GH for one more feeding. After that. I will not be using it any more. @Myfriendis410, I have enough promix for a few more plants :grin: I am going to use it for one of the TXL. I just have to be patient with the seedlings now lol I am worried since it is 90 in the humidity dome. 88 in the house. So not a big difference. I just need a week to go by fast

3 Likes

Supposed to warm up this weekend too.

2 Likes

Forecast for tomorrow is heat index of about 110. Been kinda nasty here for a few weeks.

I canā€™t like that weather lol

1 Like

Well, @TDubWilly got me thinking with another post we were on. Since I am doing the comparison with the promix and the coco.
Maybe I should do one with the autopot brand pots. Mine came with 5 gallon soft pots. which I have replaced with 6.6g hard pots. I know the 3 gallon soft pots fit in them and do well as the 2 plants in my tent are in them.
So I am thinking. Maybe I should try a 3 gallon soft pot with one of the TXL autos. I know that can be a 14oz plant. So this would give me a good idea of how big I could go in a 3 gallon. I have done 9oz in one before top feeding.
This would give a cheap alternative to those that bought the soft pot version like I did. I am probably wrong lol but I would think even if it got some what root bound. Since it feeds from the tray. It would still do ok.
Any thoughts on that? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a valid experiment but one that I would reserve for a later grow. Easier to keep track of.

3 Likes

So for next year :grin: You could be right. I still need to get things dialed in with the new lay out. Thanks

3 Likes

@ashhhh, if you want to tag a long. Next up date will be tomorrow

3 Likes

Interesting grow and ā€œExperimentsā€ :+1: Looking forward to the results as they manifest themselves.
I see your layout now and it looks great!
Now to entertain the noobs like me, what is TXL?..Thai, only Extra Large (is that an oxymoron :laughing:)?

Set to watch and taggin along. All the best going forward :v: :sunglasses: :partying_face:

5 Likes

Bahahahaha.

4 Likes

The perlite would I want to get the fine blend? How much would I mix with Coco? Thanks

1 Like

My man! Thanks for the tag. Set to watch @Not2SureYet

How effective is an air pump system connected to a water reservoir and how is it setup?

Id rather have an automated system like that than to worry about mixing my feed every single day and watering. It seems like water pump help with time consumption and preparation. Can you tell me more about them from your experience?
@Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a gazillion ways to get air to roots. If you are referring to the autopots heā€™s using; Iā€™m seriously leaning towards them for my next grow.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Yeah im referring to this here. It look like those are connected to his water reservoir that has the nutrient mix to feed the plants on when lights come on. Is this correct or am i misunderstanding what im seeing here?

3 Likes

Autopots are fed from a reservoir that feeds each tray which has a float valve: when plant wicks up enough liquid it opens, allowing the rez to refill. Air is supplied to an ā€˜air domeā€™ located in the base of pot with clay balls then coco over it IIRC. Air is applied directly to root zone via air pump.

2 Likes