Not2sureyet and 4 more Durban thai, 2 more TXL 🤫

@FreshGrowmie, thanks. Those are looking great for 3 weeks old. Mine normally don’t get to growing till the end of week 3 to week 4. They have to build roots as they go… Once they start to grow. They normally take off pretty good. I am going to start a thread in the auto section for just the AK. I think I better do it now before I have every one hating me. I try and stay quiet. But it drives me crazy with every one telling others not to do almost every thing, when it comes to autos. I planned on the AK-47 going in the main room. But am going to use it for show and tell now. It will get grown in the other room in a 2x4 tent.

2 Likes

So do I top them? Do I do LST ? I am just very confused. But I am glad they are looking good

Does some of them look like they are stretching too much? I’m just asking it’s my first time growing canna so I don’t even know how tall or short they should be looking :joy:

1 Like

If they were mine. I would be looking for more stretch. They are easier to train that way. And a lot easier for me to water. They will fill out as they get taller

1 Like

@Not2SureYet. Got 2 zkits and 2 w.w. autos going finned 1 zkit. They r 33 or 34 days old about 27 to 30" tall. Any good word on what to do to get any better out of them? First grow learning quite a bit but i have quite a few auto seeds from here and wanna learn what i can. Im all ears and open for suggestions if u have any.

all look super close to this but the finned one its the 30 incher

3 Likes

Since you have the room. I would start training the branches out a little. A friend uses cloths pins to weigh the branches down a little. I like the idea and picked up some for my plants. I think it would be easier for me to work with since they would move easy when I water. Are you using a HID light? wondering from the picture color :grin:

I will add a link here to the auto thread I just started too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Its a 600w mh wing reflector. Ordering 3 260xls on the 16th or 17th so next grow ought to be killer. I have a grow room i built 4x7x8 has photos in it now using a spare bath for the autos til that rooms empty then autos for a bit i think and see how i do with them. Sorry pic i put was like 5 days ago. They r taller now. I got the concept of opening it up and lst a tad. If and when u get to topping and all that is what i am interested in along with other things most people steer clear of. Im down to try. Im not a professor but i will do my best. First grow not too bad for a beginner and doing it all on my own til i came here about 2 weeks ago. Watch a vid here and there but i think i can get more thorough answers from here than a youtube video. Ill check out the journal now but anything u think would be good for me to know please tag me so i can read. Thanks and i appreciate the help. Sorry for the long book.

1 Like

Yes sir :grin: I just topped the bubblegum a few days ago. I will go grab a picture of it. You can see pretty clear what I did right now

2 Likes

Ok, This shows where to cut. As to when is up to the plant. The Bubble gum got away from me and stretched a lot early. I had to top this about a week earlier than I normally would have. The reason for that is I needed the new growth to get going. It will be where I start shaping her under the scrog. It is a 50/50 right now as to if I will have to super crop this one.

This shows what it would look like before and where I would cut

And you can see her a few days later. She didn’t miss a beat and is growing great. This is 5 days later. She has gotten a lot taller as well.

If you are looking for a time frame. I am normally in the 4th week when I top. I try and do them a little later than I think others do @Mark0427

4 Likes

So with autos how many weeks do u wait until you top it or SLT?

1 Like

Ok well im 4 weeks and 3 or 4 days. Should i or not. Ur the pro im the rookie. Ill follow directions to the tee

2 Likes

@Mark0427, I top in the 4th week and would have no issues with topping where yours is at. She is still growing nice. It will Help control the height for you. The one long cola can take up some room :grinning:

Never mind just seen it… so next week for me… I am still confused even with the pics you showed above :woman_facepalming:t2: :neutral_face:

1 Like

@Not2SureYet. How many nodes down or just like the pix above.

1 Like

SORRY this is all new stuff to me. Is it cool to do even with it flowering?

We are on the same boat :joy: :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@Mark0427, that is the 5th node. So I would say I am probably on the 6th for a tighter plant. @FreshGrowmie. The Bubblegum is just a fun plant. So later tonight. I will do a video showing the whole plant. And will top her again. She still has plenty of time to recover if that will help you :grin:
I wouldn’t really recommend it in flowering. I have done it right as I saw white pistols though. You can get away with super cropping in flower if the height is an issue. Once in flower. You can drag that out as long as needed

2 Likes

I dont mind doing it if i have the leader to follow. Not on my own id kill it without direction

Hmmm. Im seeing white pistils on all 4. Small pistils but i see them. . 3 have 7 nodes i see plus the top bunch. One i finned has 2 sticking up instead of 1

@Not2SureYet. Flowering or no.

2 Likes