Not2sure With, they say don't do this with autos šŸ¤£

@Not2SureYet. New lights should arrive tomorrow. Cant wait to start a fresh new grow

2 Likes

@Mark0427 Are you going to do autos or photos :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Not2SureYet. Hmmm. Not sure. I only have some bag beans that are sativas same i got going now and they r forever long to grow. Sheesh. I got quite a few autos tho

1 Like

@Not2SureYet, @Cannabian, @Mark0427, I believe karma led me to this post because it is a great teaching tool from an experienced grower but I am a brand new indoor grower and a newcomer can see what they can realistically expect. I grabbed 20 GG auto beans and good lot of different fem beans to get my indoor grow rolling. I have had a few outdoor grows that were to my level of ā€œsuccessā€. I am a person that does nothing in small increments. When I am all in, I am ALL in and Iā€™m in on learning grow techniques. I say all that to lead to this: I have 7 GG autos going at the moment. Soaked 24, 36 in clamshell, straight to 5 gallon cloth pot with FFOF. I started the grow on August 18th. The ladies broke soil on 21st. I too am doing a controlled experiment. 2 girls have been fimmed, 2 have started LST, and 2 have been left to their own. Only 6, I know, I have a mutated runt(maybe bean/maybe soil too hot to go right into). I dont always believe everything I read so I decided to find out for myself.
Do you mind if a post an update every now and then? Maybe show a few pics and final results?

3 Likes

As you said earlier n2sy, as a newcomer would keep it simple, well I planted in FFOF (which I wonā€™t do again itā€™s too hot and no control) and I am using FF Cultivation Nation trio beginning 5th week.

1 Like

You need a little buffer between the seedling and FF OF to give them time / size to benefit from the OF.

3 Likes

@beardless, thanks. I was talking with KoolHandLuke and he suggested doing solo cups before bags even with autos to give them time. Is that what you mean? I used Mykos about 4 inches down and some in the seed drop hole do you think that couldā€™ve mutated her? Iā€™m finally getting the signs of excess N out of their leaves.

1 Like

you can layer your medium in your pot and have no root disturbance too. Unlike a photo that has more time to veg, if required, an auto is line an hourglass and you arent sure how much sand is in it. What you do know is the veg time is pre determined and theres nothing you can do to change it. That said, you cannot makenup for lost time with an auto, any setback no matter how small will impact yield. So its best to avoid setbacks. Stresses like topping, fimming, transplanting, environmental issues, too much water, too much or not enough food are all setbacks. Avoid with plants that have a lit fuse.

2 Likes

Either way. I put sprouts (either auto of photo) in a 6" nursery pot filled will seedling mix. From there I transplant into final pot. This seems to give them enough cushion to transition into OF.
Otherwise, in order to directly put into final pot, use a top layer of light seedling mix. Some will use up to 1/3 on top.

1 Like

So far me using ffof ive only noticed slight yellowing for like the first week of growth after that they seemed to perk right up to a nice color. I am gonna try another kind or do tge mix on the next batch. Hell might even try coco on one for the halibut

1 Like

@neofraud_811 or any one else. If you want to use this to show what you are doing. It is all good. Especially if you are in soil :grin: I pretty much only do an update once every monday. So feel free to add.

Right now. Both autos are doing good. I think I am finding through a photo I am doing as well. That these may need fed every day with Jacks. While the GH is better suited to a feed, feed, water. @imSICKkid Any thoughts on the feed every time with Jacks?

I do a feed feed water through most of my first grow. Seemed to do ok but most of my grow was with tap water til i got the r.o. system. After that i started doing a feed water feed water routine. 2 to 3 days dry inbetween it all. Unless the buckets felt dry then id water or feed depending in what was up to plate.

1 Like

Thanks @Mark0427, That is good for little ones. Once I hit 3 weeks. Mine is the 2 feed one. It is the jacks I was wondering about. It doesnā€™t look like it is happy with a water day. It really drops the ppms fast for run off when top watering. Right now. I am on a dry day between the feed or water for these 2. Starting monday. They will go on a regular feed schedule :smile: I use ro. My tap is about 535ppm I killed my first grow. I learned a lot though lol

2 Likes

What are you thoughts on leaf removal on autos? This is a jack herer auto on day 57.

Its kinda amazing, even though she is trained low (as of now) she has not lost any leaves. I keep tucking everything trying to keep bud sites exposed. Also, along the same line, bud removal?

5 Likes

if the whole plant is getting good light and decent air flow, Id leave er be. If you can improve either then do so. If you want bigger main colas rather than lots of smaller buds, remove the subordinate sites in preference of the branch ends. Dope is dope though and lots of smaller buds weighs about the same as fewer bigger buds. Bag appeal may suffer butā€¦

2 Likes

Following hope thatā€™s okay :v:t2: I grow autos and will be photos but Iā€™ll be still doing autos, quick question, what is super cropping? That the same as defoliating?

2 Likes

Not the same at all. Super cropping is basically squishing the stem damaging the inner part. I guess it opens a highway for the nutes to run thru faster or something like that.

3 Likes

I have never had a complaint from anyone about smoking larfy buds after they have been through a grinder and rolled up in a nice fatty.

3 Likes

Ahhh okay I get ya thanks bro!

Not even close, supercropping is when you crimp the stem and bend over the top, the result is a change in the flow of auxin without the setback of topping or fimming. The downside is a potential lopsiding of the plant and you dont get a doubling of the meristem.

4 Likes