Not2sure With, they say don't do this with autos 🤣

Interested in this, I have a few autos left. I’ll be watching.

I have also discovered that feeding veg nutes even when its about to flower lets it veg a little longer. Atleast it seemed this way on my last pineapple express auto. Hopefully this makes sense.

Im actually glad you are doing this! I feel like the catalyst for transparency! Most of us read, learn from others and pass the information along believing what we learned is true. Only through experimentation can we prove it.

5 Likes

Congrats on your regular tag N2SY !

1 Like

Awesome, set to watch!

1 Like

Thanks and out of likes all ready :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I thought I had a regular before an issue signing a friend up. Wasn’t a big deal since they still let me come visit here. :grin:
You are right about doing a few of the same plants for a test. If I am reminded. I will work with my Critical purple auto in my next grow too. That one is the most consistent plant I have done so far. Another would be my Swiss cheese. It is so compact and dense that I doubt if a difference would be easy to see.

Now, for the yield difference with topping vs lst. This grow is mainly to show you can do what they say not too. It has been hit or miss as to weather topping multiple times was worth it. I would say probably not. I only do one time now. I don’t think the yield was really less. As to more smaller buds. If that makes any sense. @Noctis420, I had not heard that. But have heard it gives the plant a little more time to finish up. I do mine similar. For me. As soon as I see the white pistols. I normally add Bud ignitor. I am going to skip the additives for these and try and grow them similar to what a new person might. Kind of keep it simple mode. After that. We all find our own way in fine tuning things.
I am going to use both of the autos for this. I am going to put the AK in an autopot since it has been prepped for that. It will be fed Jacks and the BS will be fed GH flora trio. I am still feeling out the Jacks with the autos. I know they like the GH. I will add notes to what they are fed too. I am bassakwards there in flower. I feed tons more of the N than what GH recommends. It comes from an error when I made my first nutrient feed chart. It did me well over the years. I changed to what they recommend and got smaller plants. So I am sticking with what has proven to work for me. And like I said. If any one wants any thing tried. Now is the time to say so. These are just fun plants. My main grow are in the other room :grin:

One thing I think most will find is. Every once in a while you get that one plant that is a little princess and is not happy no matter what you do :laughing:

11 Likes

Sorry, missed your post @Mark0427. That is all I do with the autopots. I just fill with ro water and let them go till I chop :grin:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I know you can top them, the issue I see with topping the autos is the recovery time. Since its often difficult to know how much veg time an auto will give you, recovery and new veg can coincide with the plant switching into flower… the 2 weeks can easily translate into less growth overall. That is my main concern on a short lived plant. With mine, I can maintain veg almost indefinitely, that means my plants can have all the time they need to recover, put on the needed growth and to have independent elongated bud sites. So I will be curious to see the results of your test when the weigh in is done. Perhaps it wont make much difference? So this should be a fantastic test!

2 Likes

@Cannabian, Any chance you may grow in soil. I will admit. Even though I try to remember to keep saying. You can do about any thing in coco. The same is not true for soil. In soil. You have a shorter veg time than I get in coco. Weeks less. I have never grown in soil. But pay attention to how others plants progress in it. I think I could use a soil grower to help point out things they have noticed like what you mentioned above. I think I have converted most of my friends to coco lol

3 Likes

I tried coco, didnt like it. Preferred pure hydro over it. I do like promix mixed woth supersoil. What I dont like about the promix thing is it runs out of jamb immediately when the roots hit the side of the pot. On the other hand, you dont need to feed anything like ff. Its a temporary thing for me anyway because I only flower outdoors.
As Ive said, Ive never grown an auto… just passing on what Ive read about them. Also, a couple friends grew them here every year in the bushes near their homes to keep thieves and helicopters from seeing them. I was never impressed. Small and pointless. We always planted near a creek, created a rock dam and installed a simple sluice gate. Burried the hose down hill and had dripline installed on each plant. We lost a couple grows to cops, at least 1 to rippers, and had some big losses to deer and hail. It was more work than it was worth most of the time, and getting the buds out if the bush was super scary. Always paranoid.

Got it. Sorry. My memory is not what it used to be. Especially with all that goes on in here. My autos normally run as big or bigger than my photos. All in doors though. I have been running in the 12 - 14 oz range lately. A lot of good luck :grin:

These 2 I am doing here were on the smaller sides. The BS was a cool plant. But I think a 1/4 of what she should have been. I had 2 plants that didn’t preform in that grow. This is what I plan on doing better than.

The AK-47 in my first grow. I got root bound. Had tons of PH issues and this grow fell apart shortly into flower. She ended up with 5.5 oz So I was happy back then

I really expected more from the Bloody skunk here. Grow 5 It just never seemed to want to grow till the very end

My last auto. It was 13 1/2 oz I shoot for bigger plants now. I feel the same as you. Why grow small for all the time it takes to grow a plant :grin: Of course. I don’t always get my wish. Normal veg time for me is close to 7 weeks

14 Likes

Ill do it with the next grow with u in soil. Ffof and gh flora series and whatever else u wanna use to match. Im down. I do work but if at any time something needs done my wife is here to the rescue. She is almost excited about growing as me except for the lost front room space. Lol.

2 Likes

My veg time was 32 weeks! By comparison :laughing:

3 Likes

@Cannabian, that is an out door grow right. 32 weeks :astonished: I would have 2 plants done then. I have really thought about doing a 4x4 grow. With a photo. Just to have one massive one. I would have to get at least 2 1/2 lbs from it to make it worth taking up that much room. I would like to do another Brain killer haze giant sized

4 Likes

Ok I am confused. 7 weeks veg for an auto? I have had WWA throwing pistils at 23 days.
Hold on, come to think of it, this Jack Herer auto is on day 51 above ground. Almost, not quite ready to flower. Did not top her. Wanted to see what happens without topping.

This is the exception for me. Most go at around 4 weeks.
What do you attribute the long veg period to? Coco? Topping / combination?
This is bathroom Jack. 51 days old and barely 6" solo auto grow in an unused bathroom. I use the space to veg. and play around with single autos. I may have to give coco a go the next time. I usually mix my own soil.

5 Likes

That is definitely healthy. I would definitely say the coco though. Most soil autos I see are in the 3 to 4 week range. One thing I see with it is if you make a mistake early on. It always seems to extend my veg time a little.

Here is an example of one I really over watered while focusing on a grow that was finishing up. It is 5 weeks old here

She extended her veg to 8 weeks and this is where she was at when I chopped her down
It could have went another 3 weeks. But every one else was finishing. So I took her at all mildly cloudy. She didn’t get the proper time to fatten up. I have another one of these coming up in my next grow. This was a big bud. I did one in my first grow and it was the biggest I got for a year and a half.

5 Likes

I hope I am not teetering on nitrogen tox. Just switched to advanced nutrients Iguana Juice. Only started using it 4 waters ago and only giving 50% dose rates. No tip burn yet. I’ll see after today’s feed which was a little heavier at 740 ppm.

Yeah greenhouse,

Oh! I wanted to show the readers what happens when you top and give enough recovery time prior to flower. Standby… need to get photo.

12 Likes

Ok so here is the best image I could get because its pretty bushy! :laughing:
I call this a bud cluster effect because I time my final topping to be a couple weeks before flower actually starts, its just after the first signs of the stretch. This mega loads each branch end wit a cluster of buds. As you should be able to see here?

7 Likes