Not2sure With, they say don't do this with autos 🤣

Happy B day @beardless, It is the BS @Nicky. Things have kind of slid off. All these others have finished quicker than I planned. I have 6 to take done in about 2 weeks time. I did one today, one more tomorrow. Then next week will do 2 more, maybe 3 if I have room to dry them.
@shady424, I would have to check on the advanced nutes. Mine is equal parts till I get into flower. So veg and pre flower are the same for me. Tag me tomorrow if you remember. And I will look into it once I finish trimming :grin:
@FreshGrowmie, Different strains are different weeks. I average about 14 - 15 weeks. Start to finish for mine. In soil you can probably cut that back by about 3 weeks as a guess. But some have 8 - 9 week flower times. Others I have are 10 - 12 week flowering. I average about a 7 week veg time normally. Add the flower time and that gives me an idea how long to plan for

4 Likes

Ya mines started flowering at week 3 really early

2 Likes

Most my autos flower st. Week 3 or 4

1 Like

Mines are 3 week veg 5 week flower… I’m just confused in how long do I have before I start worrying about harvesting

If you have perfect growing conditions at least another 3 weeks and more than likely another 5-6 if you are wanting cloudy trichs. I have not seen a breeders info on autoflowers that was honest with grow and harvest times. When they say 8-10 weeks that is just flower time and usually not very high quality if harvested according to the seedbank schedule. At least this has been my experience so far…

3 Likes

That’s the problem it’s my first grow I want to get the best of it. Want to harvest at the perfect time. So far I have 8 weeks in total. A lot of the hairs are brown that’s why I’m getting worried but they should be cloudy when is time to harvest? Interesting

1 Like

How do the Trichomes look? I usually shoot for 90% cloudy and 10% amber.

2 Likes

They are sleeping right now but I have a pic from a week ago

3 Likes

Still a lot of white pistils probably 2 maybe 3 weeks keep checking the Trichomes. I have never had one go like a breeder say’s My last 2 harvest where 12 1/2 to 13 weeks. My OG Kush i’m growing right now will probably be harvested next week-end. Here is a pic of my last harvest my Bubble Gum auto

She gave me 6 oz.

10 Likes

Wow that’s awesome! The trichomes on the leaves only correct?

Check the trichomes on the bud / calyx itself. The sugar leaves are like the early warning system. Once they start turning amber the buds will follow along a little later.
The hairy pistils will also turn brown orange and get shorter as they are drawn into the calyx. This is also an indication you are getting closer to harvest. Something along the order of this

8 Likes

Oh it seems complicated I hope I get it right . But it seems to be a little away like deepsix saíd thanks you!

2 Likes

U want to look at trics on the buds not the leaves. Do u have a loupe or a usb microscope that will help 100 percent let u know done or wait.

2 Likes

I use this one

I still need to get the hang of it it’s kind of difficult to take pics with the phone with it

3 Likes

Like @beardless @Mark0427 said. Sorry about not saying the buds not the sugar leaves. You will get it right. Patience Grasshopper. the biggest mistake new growers make is harvest to soon. Ask me how i know.

5 Likes

Oh I understand that and I definitely don’t want to harvest too early. What happens when you harvest late ?

1 Like

I did with one of my plants. Should have waited another week on my first plant i did. So as they grew they r better and better each time so far. Patience is a virtue with them show them love and they will love u back at the end. Cant wait to get new ones going just popped 3 auto seeds and 3 bag seeds in a nap to germ. Hooefully a day or 2 and they will be in their final homes 7 gal. 2 in ffof and 1 in coco loco. Firat time trying coco so trainwreck photo seeds coming soon so another 7 gal for a train wreck and a 10 gal for another trainwreck. Gonna be on and poppin hooefully. New to the jacks 321 and coco both lol. Ive been in ffof and using gh trio with add ons

1 Like

Couch lock. that’s why growers go with 80-90% cloudy 10-20 % amber more of a body/head high. It is Just what you prefer

2 Likes

Oh I definitely don’t want that couch lock shit! :joy: ya I have been growing in FFOF but I think I’m going with only FFAF or something cheaper if I can find for the next ones because the FO is crazy hot and only yesterday I was able to feed my plants for the first time at freaking 8 weeks old it’s insane.

Try FF Happy Frog not as hot as OF. Should take you to week 3 or 4 before you need to feed.