Not2sure grow 13 and seeds from friends 💰

Ah yes I haven’t been here yet thanks for the tag :eyes::+1: I’ll collect my goodies :bubble_tea::popcorn: default_bong7bp :chocolate_bar:
tmp(3)

4 Likes

Hey man, I’m back up and running again. Glad to see you’re still here. Looking forward to following your grow!

5 Likes

Good deal guys :grin:
I am looking for an idea or 2. This is how my filter is right now

What I am looking for is a way to hang the fan. So I don’t have to use the filter all the time. I have been thinking of maybe putting a board on top of the tent there. It is a 5’x2.5’ So only 32" for the board to be on the tent. I will be changing this fan out with a 8" infinity. I can double to hose out the window back with no issues. Or just move the filter closer to the tent. The 8" may blow the screen off if turned up all the way LOL It puts out some serious air. So, any thoughts :grin:

5 Likes

Just spitballin but what about a duct “Y” with a damper on it? Then u can just turn it on or off…

4 Likes

@Pinboy That might be workable. I have dampers I could easily flip around on one end there. They are pretty light too. I will look into this. If I can find a y with a smooth end and not wrinkled like that. It just may work. Thanks :+1:

5 Likes

How much room do you have between the top of the tent and the ceiling? I have seen others do it that way.

3 Likes

@Deepsix only a couple inches. I have to add reducers also. My filter is a 6" I have the ends for it all ready. I also have a pair of these dampers. One is above my fan in the picture. I also found a T that could work. I will get the ends on the fan and see how the damper fits on it. I almost forgot what forum I am in and was at and was going to add a link I shouldn’t lol I should add. This does not need to connect to a tent. The whole room gets vented through this since the other tent is the 2x8 that is open.

My fan

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0842XLY96/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

@HollyHo Sorry, I thought I had all ready saw you here. This is the next grow

3 Likes

Can you build a shelf under your window and screw the fan to it. Vent it out and when needed to vent the smell you can hook up the duct work to it from the filter.

3 Likes

I would just find studs in ceiling and put a couple of eyebolts or cuphooks and hang fan from them. Then you can attach a piece of duct to filter or undo it whenever you don’t want to use the filter.

5 Likes

@Deepsix I could but don’t want to start putting holes in every thing till I know where it is will work good. I might be able to have a free standing shelf made :thinking: @dbrn32 It looks like some one needs to dust up here lol But I am in a mobile home. My actually roof is a lot lower than the real roof? I am not sure but I wouldn’t trust what I have with out knowing how the braces are in here…brb sis is here

4 Likes

I think this may work for a week while I got things worked out. I forgot the reducers fit tight and have no tape on them. So I can remove them pretty easy. This really quieted it down.

9 Likes

If the fans noise bothers you, the AC Infinity mufflers work really well and they’re not expensive at all. I have an 8" AC Infinity in my closet grow that vents out into my living room. It used to sound like a freaking freight train passing by right outside my window. I got the 8" muffler and I’d say it’s at least 60% quieter. Then I went and got two 6" ones for the tents, and my grow room is far more pleasant to be in. They make a huge difference.

10 Likes

Thanks @Cap_Ron I can deal with the noise since it is only during the day. How ever. It is way to loud out side. And I am not sure how it would be for my neighbor. I don’t have room for another filter. My main is almost 4’ long. I am thinking I may need to set it up so it is as straight as I can now. I knew this would be an issue when I started this. If all else fails. I will figure a way out to work a silencer if the howl can be heard very much out side. I am right next to the office here. So more foot traffic then the rest of the park.

5 Likes

Any chance you can fit the filter in the tent in one of the corners? I have this phat filter on a few milk crates in my closet on the side opposite where the plants are.
If you dumped the exhaust from the tent right out into the room it’s in, you might be able to just use a regular window fan to exhaust the room to the outside.

7 Likes

@Cap_Ron The filter has to be out side or it will only take care of the one tent. But nope. Both tents are narrow. So no free room in either. If I decide to use the big tent. I left a 2x2 area at one end for the fan and filter. It is still a good possibility because it is easier to control the smell from the room at night. The down side is I loose a lot of room in the grow room it self. That set up is pretty much what I was looking at for using a tent :grin:

4 Likes

I hear you, space is a big issue for me as well, but I manage to run 3 grows in a small spare bedroom. I do everything I can to maximize every inch of space I have.

3 Likes

I am trying to gain a little more space here. I must do some kind of a room change every grow any more. Trying to find just what makes me happy. I think I ask to much some times :laughing:

4 Likes

When you find it let me know. Like you I keep moving things around in my grow room.

4 Likes

@Latitudes This is a new grow I am just starting. @Deepsix I know how to make the room perfect. I am just not sure if I want to knock out a wall for this hobby :laughing:

And for today. We are done with week 1. :grin: I may put these in one gallon bags so I can keep them all in here for another week. It is easy to keep control of the temps in here. The un named one is @Nicky s AK - 47

11 Likes