Not2sure getting back to autos 🏍

@Ning how’s things? We’re actually enjoying the different weather and shoveling the driveway is still kinda novel haha.

@Nicky 3.6, 2.4, 1.2 g/gallon for the base 3.

4 Likes

great job on the harvest! plants look real healthy.

1 Like

@Mark0427 I have loved the looks of a flat canopy like that. but I have to give up big buds to do it. If you look at his screen. It is super low. So he can use every bit of the plant. I stretch mine early to get them to the top. I dropped the screen 1 1/2" this round. I am going to drop it to 8" I think for the next. I am also going back to tents. it is to hard to control things in a open room for me. I am still planning things out. Come April. We get into our best weather for me grow wise. So I want to have a few plants ready to go for the new set up. I can start them in the 4x4 I dry in. I also think I learned a lot from this grow. And can get my autos back growing in autopots like I do top feeding. I am going to do almost all the vegging top feeding and then drop into a auto pot at about week 6. This way. There should be almost no lag for them to pick up from the bottom.

6 Likes

He said he does have bigger risers to raise them up off the floor but didnt do it this time. Im sure he regrets it too unless its auto feed something or another lol. Ive just never seen it look like such a thin wall like that. Its crazy watching his lil video clips. Im gonna do all canna coco and jacks this run coming up. I got 1 auto now going in it and its seeming to be doing well

1 Like

Why put a light underneath seems counter productive to me considering the way has developed over thousands of years. The under side has a completely different function and is not meant to want to grow green side down.

1 Like

Hi Alan! Glad you enjoy it now. I’ll ask you again next Winter, lol! I’m doing well, plenty of focus on my health with the isolation so I’m in better shape and get better skill with cooking, lol!

4 Likes

Another week has come and gone. This cold I got is really wearing me out. The last thing I have wanted to do was deal with the plants. So this will be short. The Moby Dick is finished and came in with 5 3/4 oz. I feel respectable for a 4 week veg. Now I see why @MattyBear does short veg times :grin:

This is a group shot of the autos in the 5’ tent

Here is the 2x8

And the 4x4

This weeks winner is the DT
Last week

This week

12 Likes

plants look great, but don’t get carried away with 4 week veg is great, i’ve had 5 oz , 4 oz, but then again i’ve had 2 oz from 4 week veg, depends on the strain. i’m not growing gorilla glue or chem dog any more because they were the worst producing of all the plants i’ve grown noe. but really like the buzz from both of them, just didn’t like the quantity… ooops and sorry bout your cold, whiskey and honey will fix from what i remember, and if it doesn’t… u don’t care, if it’s enough whiskey lol

2 Likes

I love your before and after shots!

@monkman I’ve seen countless people get great yeild out of GG that’s why it’s on eof the top strains the last two years or so. Who was your genetics? Maybe just a bad seed or not perfect environment?

2 Likes

def not perfect environment, but the were ILGM seeds, i’ve been having probs with the last two grows, especially the germ/seedling stage… it’s like down hill skiing, if you start out good it works for you down the hill, if you start out bad, then you are always fighting to catch up. i got 2 to 3 oz from each gg with a 30 to 45 day veg

1 Like

I found hydrogen peroxide /water soak for 20hr then paper towel in a Tupperware in a warm area has increased my germ rate.
Was reading about long soaks can drowned the seedling and the peroxide adds oxygen to the water as well as softens the seeds.
Also keep em warm if you have to get a seedling mat.
I miss the ski hill…

2 Likes

Thanks all, @monkman I hear you. For my 4 week ones. The GDP got 2 oz, the MD got almost 6 and the manatuska that I trimmed most of the branches off was 4. I think I am going to try a a few 5 week ones and see how that goes. Find a nice balance. If I can get to s some what consistent 5 oz. I would be happy. A shorter grow time would be nice for a change.

2 Likes

i got into trouble with my third grow and ran out of head room. so i have quit going by weeks veg and started going by height of plants. for my short tent i go 24 inches tall from the floor and for my tall tent i’m going 34 inches from floor in a 3 gallon cloth pot.

2 Likes

I keep track, but this is what I do. Especially if you are SCROG’ing.

2 Likes

Yeah we know what happens when you don’t.

9 Likes

Well, I have a minute so I may as well get this done. This grow has ended up way worse than I would have thought I could do :pensive: The room grow was not so bad in the warm weather. But it is killing me in the cold. I managed to get the temps up a little in the room. And now have to deal with crazy humidity. Enough that it is setting of the smoke alarm. I have to run the fans off for the most part at night for a little heat. The humidity is now hitting in the 90s to 99% :grimacing:
So this grow will finish how ever it wants I guess.

The DT as always is happy for a little humidity
Last week

And this week

The Six shooters are not terrible. I just thought they would be bigger lol They are starting to stretch a little. Both started to show pre flower a few days ago.

@nings C & C is going to be pretty small. It never really filled in. So when I can. I will start a clone of this to do another with better conditions. It is on a 12/12 as of today.

The MBB2 is stretching a little and in pre flower as well.

The 2x4 is struggling still. Here is the TXL

And the MBB

The Fruit punch

And the Big bud

@Nicky, @Myfriendis410

11 Likes

The 4x4 i fighting her own demons as well. Both the C&C and the MBB2 are showing a mag deficiency with the jacks. I have bumped it up. And just have to wait and see how that plays out

9 Likes

my flower tent is running at about 70f to 72f with the light on, i love my QB 550

3 Likes

Yikes, any way to get thst humidity under control? Don’t want you growing mold in your walls. Definitely tent time after this.

Hopefully bud rot doesn’t get you! It got most of my PK when my controller was on the wrong setting for a week. =(

2 Likes

All in all not bad, considering all the swings in conditions. I take it the dehumidifier isn’t enough?

4 Likes