Not2sure back to GH and autos 🚑 #11

Wow, it has been a long time since I have seen you around @neofirebird Were you still here and I got lost or are you just making your way back here? Glad to see you found my grow. Tag me into yours if you have one going :grin:

7 Likes

Oh I’ve been here I’ll tag ya. :grin:

3 Likes

I think it would be a great idea to do one too fed the whole grow. It would give you a solid baseline side by side as you get more dialed in with the autopot system. Then if the autopot one happens to not produce as planned you still have a solid harvest. Plus those of us that are on the fence with buying a system can use you as our guinea pig. Hahaha.

3 Likes

I chumped out and took the easy way. The heat here has reminded me what I will have to deal with every day soon. The up side is these are all ready growing :grin: Things are pointing to this being a great grow. I may have to switch the DT over to GH now. I only have 3 plants on Jacks now. The DT. Another that will come down in about a week or so. And the next in about 2 - 3 weeks. I think. By then. I will have 7 plants on GH and in auto pots. I am really thinking about adding one more big girl to this. One in a 2x4 scrog. :roll_eyes: It is hard not to grow all I can lol
@Missiles

9 Likes

Still looking good over there!!

I’m gonna take a liberty of a pic here… things have been pretty rough health wise for me the last 2 weeks… not covid …belly issues… anyway I’m way behind on everyone’s grows and everything life… just a pic to show what up in the tent here…

The big one to the left is a Chocolope and all the little guys are clones of her.(except the solo cup in the back right)
The back right is a Desiel Auto from a friend. First time growing one.
The back right solo cup is a Sebring Seeds Ancestral Skunk F4… that was the one that poped very slightly and had to dig her out and put it with the shell above ground and small tap root in the soil… I’ve babied it to this point, think I saved her, it but it’ll prolly be a male due to all the stress getting it to this point… we’ll see. I had to enlist the help of a friend unfortunately to pretty much control it from here so I have not put up a grow journal… I’ll pop a pic here and there for this grow… but next grow will be all me as long as I feel better…

7 Likes

@Teacherttom1 feel free to add all you want. :grin: It looks like things are not starting off to bad for you right now :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

jumping in! You grow some awesome autos

3 Likes

Ok, lets see if I can get an up date done lol I think for the most part. This grow is set. I will be adding one more in a month or so. Here is what we have now. I may do 2 week up dates like this so they look like they are growing. They are motering right along.

The Jack Herrer seems pretty happy
JH at week 3

And week 4 One more week and it should be in the scrog. It was topped at the start of week 4

The Expert Gorilla week 3

And week 4 One more week and it should be in the scrog. It was topped at the start of week 4

Critical Purple #1 at week 4

#1 at week 5

Critical Purple #2 at week 4

#2 at week 5

I finally set up a 2x4 tent that is only for seedlings and early veg. And it seems to be paying off. I now feel like I am back in control of things. Add the GH and the scrogs. And I am right at home.

Here are the new photos. Being able to control the temp and humidity for little ones really helps me. Here are the new photos.

Here is week one. Raspberry Kush on the left, Grape God on the right and Sour Kush in the back

Here they are at 11 days. These are friday kids where the others are Tuesday. I will feed them about 1/4 cup tonight. Then leave them alone for another 4 days

I will keep adding the Durban Thai here. This is going to be much bigger than I was looking for. I am all ready working on how to set up a scrog about 1 1/2 feet off the top. This should stretch close to 3’

This was last week

And this week

Over all. I am happy with how this grow is starting off.

18 Likes

Looking good B! Hope things are going well.

5 Likes

plants look great, real healthy and getting a good grow the last week. i have three tents now, one a seedling/veg tent to feed two flowering tents

2 Likes

Plant looks great bro :sunglasses:. They all look so happy and healthy. The growth from week to week is really cool to see.

5 Likes

It’s been said already :point_up_2: …your plants are awe …:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Thanks all. Both CP are showing white pistols as of yesterday. 2 week early from normal. I figure in a few weeks. The majority of the screen should have filled in :grin:

8 Likes

@Not2SureYet you grow a lot of autos can I get your opinion please? I’m thinking about running autos for my first indoor run. But my cousin and I’ve read a few things claiming autos don’t produce as high quality as photos. But I’ve seen you all grow some beautiful auto flowers. Whats your opinion on potency compared to photo periods?

2 Likes

FYI he grows for fun and friends but doesn’t use much himself.

Early autoflowering plants did suffer from lower potency due to the Ruderalis genetics but with time that has been refined into similar potency to photoperiod plants.

Here’s the problem I have with a new grower being told to run autos: if everything isn’t close to ideal conditions your plant will stall and never amount to much. Photos on the other hand, if you mess up just veg plant longer. You can also up to a point dictate when plant flowers so if you have room and light you can grow bigger plants. You have more control over them and really just need to maintain light discipline to avoid an hermaphrodite.

If you have lower light levels, an auto is a better choice simply because you can pound them longer with your light than you can flowering photos.

6 Likes

@Myfriendis410 thanks for the updated info on autos. I’ve done a ton of outdoor grows with bag seed photos (yes a lot were hermies) haha but I’m definitely no expert and not when it comes to autos and yes this will be my first indoor set up so I understand what your saying. Photos are definitely more forgiving I’ve learned this from a lot of peoples posts haha. Plus my buddy next door runs two 5x5s and a 2x4 and he’s done autos and photos and his autos were def stunted so I’ve learned from a lot of his mistakes. I think I feel comfortable enough to give them ago my first time inside and hey if it goes wrong I’ll start over :rofl: I’m in a 4x4 tent gonna use coco and jacks 321 and I ordered Growers choice roi-e720 for lighting just a little info so you know what I’m using maybe I’ll stay away from trying to train the autos too much so I don’t mess with them.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 is right there. I had to change my views on that. I started with autos and they just came easy to me. And for a long time. I just figured if I could do them. Any one could. Since you have done photos. I would think you will be ok. And the fact you are starting with coco and Jacks makes it even easier. I would recommend using 1.4g of the epsom as to the 1.2g in coco. It has kept me from getting mag issues. If your plants start off good. I see no reason not to be able to mess with them. You will find you get a longer veg time in coco. When you do your grow. Tag me in if you would please :grin: The only thing I run other than the jacks is Big bud coco. It seems to be working good for me.

8 Likes

@Not2SureYet yeah I’ve seen around on the forum that a few of you guys who use coco tweaked the recipe a little right? I’ll definitely be tagging you along with dbrn and a bunch others haha. My light is already payed for and ordered they just said they were waiting on a re-stock before it ships about a week and a half but I got nice 420 savings and I can wait I got my seedlings for outdoors and I’m trying to construct my greenhouse in the meantime while I wait too. But hopefully my indoor run will start by may 1st. So are you saying you are adding big bud during flower?

2 Likes

I start it after the pre flower is done. So basically week 3 of flower. I use bud candy as well. But only if I am top feeding. I like top feeding as it lets me just feed what ever I feel like that day lol. I am constantly adjusting things for what I see in my run off numbers. I am thinking it may be time to go drop another seed :grin: I just got some new strains from @RAP I want to drop his Cherry pie cross :grin:

6 Likes

@JamJam @TheAlchemist if you guys are interested. This is the one I am on now. I may as well do the autos now. And the photos friday. To start. I really pissed thse girls off. I tried using the Banana water in the reservoir at 1ml of 650ppm mix per gallon. That along with the pre flower nutes jacked my ppms to over 1000. :astonished: And as you can see. They did not like that. I mixed a new rez with Just my basic GH nutes and Big bud coco. Checked the ppm. And realized I mixed it for the DT. Way to hot again for the autos. I was now at 950ppm Now, 2 days later. I topped off the rez with 2 gallons of RO water. I am now down to about 700ppm. Where I should be. So it may be a few days for these to start looking better. The up side is the CP still have 10 weeks of flower left. So they should be back to normal pretty fast.The CP just

Here is the Jack Herrer. She really let me know she was not having any of this high ppm stuff :laughing:

The Expert Gorilla

Critical purple #1

Critical purple #2

These all started flowering about 2 weeks earlier than they normally should. You can see the issues on all of these

11 Likes