Not2sure A little bit of every thing #12 🔜

Congratulations on the chop!

6 Likes

Another great looking harvest! When does the next one come down?

1 Like

Thanks guys. @Capt.Cola With a little luck. The SD will be ready to remove from the 4x4. If so, the Moby Dick will come down saturday. I have to keep tying branches up on here now :grin: It is hard to get a good picture since this grew right into the light

Moby Dick

16 Likes

congrats on the harvest, great job Not2

3 Likes

Congrats! Looking outstanding as usual! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Beautiful colas! Harvest congrats

4 Likes

Looking good Sir.

1 Like

Thank you. Well, this will be the last full picture of the MD. She will come down tomorrow or saturday depending on how I am feeling.
The SD came out ok. I put bands on a few branches I wanted to check good after they dried. I opted to toss out a little more of this one. Even though she hot her final wash. There were some spots on a couple buds that looked like they may have been next to some rot I found. So I opted to just toss any thing I was not 100% sure was clean. She still came out ok since this was done for my self. 3 1/2 oz dry. Maybe a touch dry since she is showing 55% in the bag.
How do you guys add a little humidity back. With out adding smell like an orange peal.

I forgot to get a room picture. It looks empty with out the 5’ tent in there.
Here is the little Purple punch auto for week 3. She is doing great on the 12/12

@Nicky s finished week 2 since the flip.

The Durban Thai looks the same :thinking:

The Critical mass is getting closer

The moby Dick

That’s it till the MD comes down. Thanks for checking things out :grin:

16 Likes

@Not2SureYet
Adding a fresh cannabis leaf and swapping it out dialy will add mosture.
Otherwise an apple slice won’t add flavour but will add mosture.

That one I sent ya is looking much better then the SK

6 Likes

Fire all around…!

4 Likes

What Nicky said. I would NOT use Boveda pouches to bring it up.

Fan leaf is the best bet and you’ve got plenty to choose from. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ya just a few here and there lol

Moby dick or critical mass could spare some leafs for sure.

4 Likes

Thanks every one. And I will swipe some leaves now and add them. The MB needs the humidity raised a touch too. I use the boveda to lower. And almost never use them any more with the grove bags @CygnusX1 Thanks for the heads up though. The Sk you sent @Nicky has a stronger and really great smell still. The SD has a nice strong smell but denser buds. I have only shared a little of the SK. I am keeping most of that one for me :grin:

4 Likes

plants look great Not2. to each their own, i have many times let my plants hang too long and have used boveda’s to bring them back up, if it’s good enough for fine cigars, it’s good enough for my pot.

2 Likes

@monkman, Its not that it “can’t” be done with Boveda’s, but there are more than a few reports of them affecting the final flavor of the bud if used to re-hydrate.

I “think” Boveda themselves has even officially changed their position on this related to Cannabis at least. Recommended for storage, not re-hydration or even initial curing.

2 Likes

i know of at least two commercial growers around here who use bovedas to dry their pot out. their pot all tastes the same, different strains and still the same, not a good thing. i do know from the 42 plants i’ve grown that if you do a proper cure (hang til plants are about 70% humid and then jar and vent every day) that you get the best taste. what i’m basically saying is that, if you dry too fast and don’t do a proper cure you are going to hurt smell and taste, whether you use bovedas, apple slices, or fresh pot leaves you have hurt the taste.

6 Likes

100%, once those terps are gone, there’s no way to get them back, but at least you can salvage the bud and get decent smoke. :+1: :sunglasses:

Grove bags have been a god send for curing after proper trim / dry…

5 Likes

Looking good in there making my mouth drool. :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:. Cant wait till my GDP femminized is done.

3 Likes

Thanks @Deepsix I use the bovedas to remove humidity as @monkman says. I think I finally stumbled on to how to get a great cure. It is my fault for not being able to dry the SD out enough after the bud wash. I thought the temps here would do the rest pretty easy. We went from 88 as an average indoor temp to about 75 that day. For me. A normal dry time is 4 days. Doesn’t sound like much. But I never loose any of the smell and the smoke is smooth. Not harsh. What I realized in this grow is that if I dry for 3 1/2 days, then do the final trim. I can put it in a hanging basket for the last half a day and it comes out pretty close to 62% here. 62 - 64 which I can work with. I need batteries for my black light. It is great to let me know when it is time for them to come out of the tent too. I put a pile of leaves in as @Nicky recommended. I will look and see what things say tonight. It gave me the chance to swipe a few more leaves from the MD. Not many left to take on her now :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve used a leaf of lettuce a few times. Worked great

2 Likes