Not2sure A little bit of every thing #12 šŸ”œ

@Not2SureYet itā€™s very possible the bud Rot can be cause by over watering late in bloom due to water vapor release , water management is very highly important in flower cause they will drink what you give them but in bloom the water vapor sweats into the buds from the stomata of the fan leaves which causes humidity spikes and the ultimate bud rot ?
If you look where that cola was placed on the plant :potted_plant: , you would think it had enough air moving to not allow bud rot to happen . Outside growers go through insanity with bud rot around this time in season if they have long flower times going through the early fall when the weather starts to shift and you loose day time heating by the change of time and getting dark much sooner , are the plot position to the wind , but we always found about a third percentage would suffer if we put them bunch up in thick patches , itā€™s other ways to preventing it from happening, but the main source would be trying to find a more measured out watering pattern and how much water you used per feeding or plain watering , Iā€™m learning a lot of good information on water management and getting much healthier and bigger plants now with a more less watering strategy now than just giving a gallon per plant on average. Now if you in 5 gallon pots , yes of course , but 3 gallons I donā€™t think a full gallon the entire grow Iā€™d needed in my own experiment Iā€™m learning .
The water that goes in must be slowly released out and the bugger the buds , the bigger the water vapor release , might have been possible :thinking:?
What I try to do is measure how much water in how much time my plants used for how long before needing more water after I top the plants and they recover and start to grow . I start with a 16 ounce bottle to a liter bottle to a 2 liter bottle to a gallon and I normally donā€™t used a full gallon until after week 4 in flower from what Iā€™ve been learning so far and Iā€™ve seen a huge growth difference and stalks and side shoots spreads had been insanely strong and over all plant structure and bud density has been a huge difference. It seems as though a more less water diet helps potency and bud weight also just donā€™t let them dry out to much to often but enough that itā€™s damp but not over saturated . Hoe long it take 16 ounces of nutrients or ph water to get absorb up from the drain pan ?

2 Likes

Thanks @yoshi I think this was just one of those gotcha moments lol I should have been running the de humidifier sooner than I did. This one was getting 12 cups in the morning for 4 cups run off. And 16 cups or a gallon at night with the same run off. This plant was not as dense ā€œLotā€™s of Budā€™sā€ like some I have done. A lot more spacing between the buds. Before I went to feeding twice a day. I was giving her a gallon and a half in the morning. And would find a super dry pot. I was running temps of 95 and up in there.
Temps have dropped a lot the past few days. About time lol
Here is a page from this plant here.

5 Likes

harvest congrats brother :ok_hand:ā€¦you sure keeping busy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ā€¦outstanding as always ā€¦ :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Thanks @Arrow @ashhhh I will make sure to start tagging you now :grin: I get lost with all the threads I try to follow too. I start with the ones with the fewest updates :laughing: And work towards the busy threads.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if you get a close look but I found the note keeping calendars is what used to journal my grow .

8 Likes

Thanks @yoshi I keep grow notes on my pc. The chart is for feeding. Lets me look back to see how I fed and temp when I am doing another of the same strain. I really need clip boards for each tent. So I can just scribble notes right then as I see stuff. I think I keep to many notes some times lol
I may think about that for the next grow. I will be back to a full room. And all fed from the same autopots. So I could have one book for feed and one for plant notes :grin:
Thanks

3 Likes

I know it can be a lot but a plan without strategy is just a hope and a dream right ? Think about it :thinking:?

3 Likes

@Hambone11 if you want to try and finish your plant. You can add it to here to get more hep if you like.

2 Likes

Man maybe I should start taking notes again. I completely stopped when I switched to jacks, unless I change the nutrient ratios. :man_shrugging: Probably why I donā€™t know how far into flower my BD is.

4 Likes

I have a book of notes. Since I was changing feeds and additives a lot. It helps me to repeat grows. Well, for the most part lol

5 Likes

This is my method , Iā€™m not saying to do it , but it makes growing for me a hell of lot easier when you growing hundreds of plants . Plus it helps back tracking when your plants shows signs of issues , I can easily go back and find what Iā€™ve added that may have cause the problem are if I forget to add something , now over all it really helped me make my growing a lot easier cause I can look at my notes and tell if I really have to even go into the tent at all sometimes . It helped me , it might help someone else shrugs shoulders :sweat_smile: I hope so !

6 Likes

Big difference in notes from one grow to another grow after I review all what Iā€™ve done :heavy_check_mark: and I can clearly see a big difference in the plants responses also . Just my .2 cents worth!

4 Likes

My in room notes tell me exactly what each is fed :grin: The little numbers on the left side tell me at what strength and if it was veg, pre flower or bloom nutes used. Along with any additives. My grow notes for each are in there folder. I agree. Notes can really help if you get off track like I do some times :laughing:
Doing 8 at a time can really challenge my brain. I see some of you growing dozens at a time and only wish I was able to.
Since I am here. I did the final trim to the Stress Killer. It is still sticky after being dried :grin: I got about 1 1/4 oz. 34g So enough for a taster for my self. And a little for my sis and a friend. And @Nicky you sent me 3 beans so I do have 2 left to try again :grin: Thanks for sharing :+1:

11 Likes

Sticky after dry is always good!

I wrote notes when I started but these days I just donā€™t get enough time in the garden.
Fill the rez with Jackā€™s, check the VPD chart, check my DLI for lighting and check my light timer. Boom done.
I switch the reservoir between 3 stages of nutes veg, 2 week booster, and flower.

I agree notes help, just no time.

5 Likes

@nicky you running auto pots or hydro with Jackā€™s, itā€™s really the same thing over again , in this grow I wanted to try 3 different recipes which Iā€™ve done to see the final results as of now I donā€™t see a better are worse as to say , maybe the bud weight will give more info to which was better , but Iā€™m using a more precise method to the N.P.K ratio percentages trying different Lil things keeps its fun for me after the many times over Iā€™ve done this now .
This grow I wanted to experiment with the light schedules a bit , cause I could not find any info on autos growing on 17/ or 16/8 right to see how much darkness I can rest them and still get enough light to grow them , nobody ever said if those schedules would work , So Iā€™m growing for knowing right now to kind of re-learn all what I can do and not do , itā€™s been a quite the learning curve starting from a tent going commercial back to a Lil rinkydink setup just to play around with and try some cross breeding to try and create something that will work better for my liking , and to get more into breeding strains for that exclusive next vest thing right , but I have a 4 different lights spectrum and watt power to get dial in to get better full plants and Iā€™ve had a few things I had to re-adjust but I think I might just be ready for the big grow !

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m in autopots
Have you read the DLI thread? Thatā€™s your best bet.
Autos will work off any light scedule itā€™s more about giving them the correct DLI and giving them at the minimal 4hr of rest.
I run mine for 20hr a day but I know they can be grown on anything as long as they are getting like 45 DLI a day, even though 60 DLI a day is ideal from week 4 of veg until like midway through flower.

As long as your having fun thatā€™s important.

4 Likes

@Nicky not I have not really got into the DLi to much , I kind of like trying to read my plants a but more and right now I running like 4 different designs of lights , I was just trying to get wattage power just to average the minimum a gram a watt cause itā€™s just fun for me to be honest . Now Iā€™m invested in 3 commercial grows and Iā€™ve learned a lot, so for me what I post here is just past time and not no cash crop , just growing a bunch of pheno strains Iā€™ve accumulated from many expos and conventions Iā€™ve done in the cannabis expo and meeting all kinds of farmers from everywhere itā€™s legal, so for me itā€™s just passing time but finding simple cost friendly ways to help new growers to get from seed to harvest from some of things Iā€™ve learned . Iā€™m not trying to be nothing else , Iā€™ve been all I can be already , Iā€™m just living and surviving the crazy until time say enough for me .
Once Iā€™ve learned I can use Cha-Ching from seed to harvest is what got me wanting to learn more on the percentages in ratio verses just ph perfect growing .

4 Likes

Well, the Money bush came own today. I can see how it got itā€™s name. As you can see there is not a lot branch wise. But these are probably heavier buds than almost any I have done. A 2 hour trim too. :grin: Super easy and super greasy. I will really be surprised if there is less than 5 oz for this here. I just hope the smoke is good. I would like to do a bigger one that this soon :grin: I forgot the best part. Only 6 weeks to flower :grin:

19 Likes

Iā€™m eagered to go see what might be not in used at the farm :thinking:, I know we have a few extra units somewhere if nobody took them home accidently thinking the were not getting used , you know them kind of employees , I just laugh cause I was that dude at once in life , I just say God has a sense of Humor on how He choose to remind us of old ways when we on the other side of things. I donā€™t try to leave and go out if can help it now days , the World is changing and itā€™s plan on changing everyone with it from the looks of it with this Plandemic of Panic Dem so we can stay one step ahead while they distracted , so I tries my hardest to not go out , besides I have everything I can possibly need or want at the Compound so if I really donā€™t have to I donā€™t try to , I think someone is trying to surprise with something, just cause of her interest in different models and brands out at the farm and whatā€™s new it I had to redo one for even bigger returns , so I kind of think someone is trying to order something sneaky to really keep my remote from activating the gates lmao :rofl:, she slick like that when it benefits her and Iā€™m here all the time . I might do 2 expos next month before the Holidays but Iā€™m really pondering on it if itā€™s worth the Virus chance , I have a few options working on my next move hopefully I can break free of the Circus Iā€™ve gotten myself into with these other guys , but all in all itā€™s been an amazing journey I can attest to Dat good and bad :-1:!

4 Likes

What lights do you run? I use the HLG and my DIY lights, and only run 130w per plant. A gram per watt is super easy to come by with them. I average about 1 - 2 per watt on most plants. Depending on what I am growing. My best has been 2.8 for a couple plants. :slightly_smiling_face: And I feel like I am just a middle of the pack grower. I run a 3500 and 2700 spectrum.
Most of what I grow is on a 16/8 or 12/12 light schedule. I agree, it makes growing a little more fun challenging our selves. :grin:

5 Likes